Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bought a New SAK today, Which SAK is your favorite?

CQC-7 · 41 · 8437

sk Offline Jaroslav

Re: Bought a New SAK today, Which SAK is your favorite?
Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:56 PM
I bought a new SAK today.  I went to the mom and pops hardware store out of boredom today and I seen a sak that I have been thinking about getting for a while.  I bought a new Explorer.  I got it for cheaper than I could get it online and it was already there.  So I thought it was a good idea.  I have always desired the magnifying glass feature. 

Anyway, I was wondering what is yall's favorite SAK, and why.  I like the 4 layer 91mm format.  It is the right blend of size and # of tools.  I have liked the explorer for some time and it just so happens there was one down the street.  What a great knife.  So, what is your favorite SAK?

I have only one. Victorinox Bundeswehr ,chosen after long investigation (tight budget). It is my EDC and for urban area is enough.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 09:59:36 PM
Jaroslav, what is a Bundeswehr?  I am not fluent in German and although I read about them on this forum all the time, I know not what they are.  I probally have seen a thousand of them but then again, I dont know.  Enlighten me if you can. :)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 10:04:20 PM
Bundeswehr is the German Army, and the Victorinox Bundeswehr is the knife created for the German military.  Currently, it is the same model as the One Handed Trekker except it has the German Army crest on it, and OD scales that don't have the toothpick or tweezers since a soldier is just likely to lose them in the field.

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=133&Itemid=35

The previous model was the 108mm GAK, also called the Trooper, and spawned the Safari series of SAKs.

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=35

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 12:36:31 AM
Thanks Def.  I have seen them before.  Actually, I seen one in a knife catalog today. 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:30 AM
You should see one iin your hand.  Or your pocket.  They look MUCH better there!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 05:20:07 PM
Def, I have thought of you as a voice of reason.  And darnit that sounds pretty reasonable.  Besides, I just got paid.  I guess I could have one in my pocket or hand soon.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 05:42:35 PM
You thought I was the voice of reason?  Dang, did it hurt when someone pulled your leg that far? :D 

But trust me when I say that your life will not be complete until you have one... and that will give me enough time to fgure out what the next knife or tool you should have is!

Def

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 10:53:02 PM
Actually, my head is what hurts.  Those darn voices telling me to buy somthing just dont stop.  They say when I have them all they will leave me alone. >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 11:23:43 PM
I don't think even the Elsener family has them all...  there are so many variations, limited runs, discontinued models etc that I don't think there is any way for anyone to ever have all of them.

But it's a good goal!

Def

sk Offline Jaroslav

Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 12:53:01 AM
Jaroslav, what is a Bundeswehr?  I am not fluent in German and although I read about them on this forum all the time, I know not what they are.  I probally have seen a thousand of them but then again, I dont know.  Enlighten me if you can. :)

Sorry that I could not answer quickly, but Def answered briliantly.

I can only recommend this knife, if you purchase one you will no regret. Compared to other Victorinox of same size it look "more mature" knife. Because it is build for military it should withstand EDC easily.

J

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 02:06:14 AM
Cool, I think that I will give it a try here very soon.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%