Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bringing back the MT.o Ball Cap ?

Nix · 648 · 24381

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Bringing back the MT.o Ball Cap ?
Reply #630 on: January 29, 2020, 04:56:55 PM
+1

Good luck, mate!

:cheers: :tu:

Thank you my friend  :salute:.

:cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #631 on: August 08, 2020, 11:51:09 PM
I am giving this subject a bump as it has nearly been two years since we were talking about these MTO caps and still nothing has happened
I would like to know if we will ever see these caps being made
At the moment I am struggling with money and if the caps are not going to happen I would like a refund please
I hope that I didn’t come across rude but I think two years is long enough now
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #632 on: August 09, 2020, 12:19:48 AM
Grant has offered to give a refund to anyone who wants one. I don't see the caps happening now with the pandemic which is too bad.

Send Grant a pm if you want a refund.   :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #633 on: August 09, 2020, 01:41:34 PM
Thanks for your reply Steve  :cheers:
I will do that and ask Grant for a refund  :tu:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #634 on: August 16, 2020, 07:49:24 PM
Personally, I don't want a refund, but nor do I want a hat anymore, as I'm no longer interested in "flying the colours" for this forum.

I made this "purchase" at a time in my life when I had to choose whether I was going to have food or heating on any given day. Money was exceedingly tight, to the extent of putting my own well being at risk, and yet I still found a way to offer my support. That loyalty has not been reciprocated.

I know and understand hardship. I still have tight months. I am/was however always up front with those I was indebted to, and kept them informed of what I would be able to do to honour that debt, and when. I do not feel we received the same courtesy here.

Several times we were led to believe this was all going ahead as planned. Had I/we been approached in the way that I treat those I owe something to, no doubt my current feelings would be different, but MTO has received its last financial support from me, no matter what begging or guilt tripping may occur.

My online time is now mostly spent at a different forum. This place was my online "home" for many years, and I made several good friends here, and I do not wish any harm upon the forum, nor have any ill will to any member here, but I am reminded of the old adage...

"If you lend £20 to someone, and never hear from them again, it was probably money well spent"

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #635 on: August 16, 2020, 08:05:23 PM
 :iagree:

I cannot believe that this has gone on for so long. I am sorry.

I myself will no longer participate in giveaways because of a prize I never received.

With that said, I still hang around because of the members.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #636 on: August 16, 2020, 08:50:48 PM
I must have missed a lot of events in the past year and a half when I was absent from here.....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #637 on: August 17, 2020, 02:53:05 PM
Absolutely, 100% my fault on all of this.  No excuses, no other BS, this is entirely on my head, and I take absolute full blame for everything.

Things in my personal life have taken a serious nosedive in recent years, and to be honest, this is one of many things that slipped away from me.

I have refunded money to anyone/everyone that has requested it, and I am working on rectifying things, but the damage is absolutely done, and I have far too much respect for our members to deny, allay or try to downplay any of it, or shift the blame.   I have failed many of you, and for that, I am extremely apologetic.  The buck stopped with me, and I blew it.

But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel- after almost five years of struggling, I am starting to get a handle on things again, and everything will start improving as I get more and more things checked off the list.  It takes time, and I understand that many of you will feel like you have put in enough time- and I understand and respect that completely. 

If anyone has any questions, comments or just wants to tell me off, my PM's and email are always open.  And, yes, I do read them all.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #638 on: August 18, 2020, 02:25:08 AM
Finally!!!

How many times have you (quite rightly) preached that the character of someone is shown, not when everything is going well, but how they respond when things go wrong? It's a very long time overdue, but thank you for that.

First step to fixing a problem is always acknowledging it.

I do (still) wish you all the very best in restoring your equilibrium, and getting a handle back on things. I don't just mean here. I am pleased to hear you are gaining some traction and momentum in that direction. Strength isn't about being invincible, but having the determination and persistence to continue despite not being invincible, and even irreparably broken in some way or other, as we both are. I sincerely hope you find that strength, make good the repairs, wherever the cracks may lay, and walk on with your head held high, and the start of a new wide grin forming.

Good luck.  :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #639 on: August 18, 2020, 01:15:08 PM
Thanks Al.

It's been a long, hard road, and, if I'm honest, I am much better at offering help than asking for it. 

In the past 5 years I have gotten divorced, injured, lost my job and have been fighting bankruptcy and the loss of my house, and worked over 80 hours a week at multiple minimum wage jobs to try and slow my descent- I never made enough to pay all of my bills, just enough to be able to juggle some here and there.  The heavy work schedule made it all too easy to hide from the forum and it's problems.

Regarding the hats- I have lost the money.  I didn't embezzle it, but I might as well have, as the company that I sent it to appears to have been having problems of their own and folded, with no refunds for me.  I have been working to try and raise money on my own to replace everyone's orders, but I'm not a fan of the whole "poor me" smurf, and I kept getting deeper.  Again, the heavy work schedule made it easy to make excuses.

I will absolutely replace the hats, and make it worth the wait for everyone.  MTO members may be upset, and there's nothing I can do about it since they are absolutely right to be.  I just want everyone to know that while various balls have been dropped, I am making progress on picking them back up again.  I'm not back where I want to be, but I am in a good spot to make more progress, and not in a bad place if I stay here for a while.

But, MTO is a happy place, and not a place for me to vent, whine and complain about my smurfty circumstances.  I am clawing my way back, slowly but surely.  I'll get there- forward motion is always good, no matter how small.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #640 on: August 18, 2020, 01:48:16 PM
The fact that you never tried to monetize MTO is appreciated Grant.

And you have found love again, so not all is bad.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #641 on: August 18, 2020, 03:35:41 PM

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #642 on: August 18, 2020, 05:02:54 PM
All:

For my part, the hat plan was a speculative scheme. I was hopeful.

We tried--'we' meaning that Grant was the one to do the leg work and deal with the headaches, while I sat back and hoped the hats would arrive on my doorstep--and it didn't work out.

Welcome to real life.

MTo has given me way to much for me to regret a lost hat. Def, and so many mods, have selflessly put way too much effort into building MTo into the welcoming and friendly place it is to sweat a hat deal that fell through. As I sip my tea this morning, there is no bad taste in my mouth. I just feel fortunate to have some tea, an internet connection, and a nice group of peeps to chat with.

So, I'm writing off my "investment" in a scheme to have a bit of fun. My down payment was "venture capital". This time, something ventured turned out to be something lost. The milk got spilled, the water is under the bridge, the bull is out of the pasture, and somebody please close that barn door.

Def:

I can only speak for myself here, but if the company has defaulted on it's ability to deliver the hats, I don't see how the liability falls on you. We all participated in the plan, you were just the person who volunteered (Thanks!) to do the hard work and bring it all together. The way I see it, the hat maker cheated US, not YOU.

This ain't on you, buddy.

So, right here, right now, let me be clear: MTo doesn't owe me anything. You, Def, don't owe me anything. If my name is on a list for a hat somewhere, cross it out. Done.

Now back to my tea.   :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #643 on: August 18, 2020, 05:49:06 PM
Well said Jack and I agree on all points !

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #644 on: August 18, 2020, 07:01:52 PM
Well said Jack and I agree on all points !

:like: I am not on the list (well, not this one anyway  :rofl: )

:iagree: However, I fully agree with the sentiments expressed by Nix et-al  :salute:
They don't like it up 'em!

se Offline RF52

Reply #645 on: August 18, 2020, 09:43:13 PM
All:

For my part, the hat plan was a speculative scheme. I was hopeful.

We tried--'we' meaning that Grant was the one to do the leg work and deal with the headaches, while I sat back and hoped the hats would arrive on my doorstep--and it didn't work out.

Welcome to real life.

MTo has given me way to much for me to regret a lost hat. Def, and so many mods, have selflessly put way too much effort into building MTo into the welcoming and friendly place it is to sweat a hat deal that fell through. As I sip my tea this morning, there is no bad taste in my mouth. I just feel fortunate to have some tea, an internet connection, and a nice group of peeps to chat with.

So, I'm writing off my "investment" in a scheme to have a bit of fun. My down payment was "venture capital". This time, something ventured turned out to be something lost. The milk got spilled, the water is under the bridge, the bull is out of the pasture, and somebody please close that barn door.

Def:

I can only speak for myself here, but if the company has defaulted on it's ability to deliver the hats, I don't see how the liability falls on you. We all participated in the plan, you were just the person who volunteered (Thanks!) to do the hard work and bring it all together. The way I see it, the hat maker cheated US, not YOU.

This ain't on you, buddy.

So, right here, right now, let me be clear: MTo doesn't owe me anything. You, Def, don't owe me anything. If my name is on a list for a hat somewhere, cross it out. Done.

Now back to my tea.   :cheers:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #646 on: August 19, 2020, 06:27:36 AM
Very, very nicely put Sir Nix

So it's not just SAK model reviews that you are good at writing      ;)     :D    :salute:

I also had an MT.o 'investment' that did not work out this year, by the looks of it due to external parties 
- And for exactly the same reasons as you - I regard it now as a Monthly Donation
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:10:41 AM by Huntsman »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #647 on: August 19, 2020, 03:28:45 PM
I want to give Grant a big thank you for understanding
my problem and for giving me a refund without any problems
If I didn’t have any money problems I would definitely not of asked for the money back but unfortunately with everything going on in the world I didn’t have a choice but to ask thanks again Grant and I really hope that everything will get better and back to normal for you very soon

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD