Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Have they ever made colored Pioneer Xs with out engravings or markings?

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
There are only three sources of colored Pioneer Xs that I am aware of. The first was the limited edition red run that this forum did, with a Multitool.org engraving on the blade. The second is DLT Trading with black and blue PXs that have DLT engraved on the back, and the third is various colors from eBay, with LCSAS or other company logos engraved on the back. I have never seen a colored PX available with out any sort of marking on either the blade or engraving plate. Have they simply never been made in this way or am I missing something? (Bonus points if they are still available for me to buy!)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:11:52 PM by GoatDragon »

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
I think that all the colored ones are special runs, and Victorinox requires those markings.
- Steve

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
I think that all the colored ones are special runs, and Victorinox requires those markings.

That's what I was thinking. So am I correct that there have been no colored PXs produced with out those markings because all the colored PXs have been special runs?

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
The MTO PX is actually a standard one I believe... It was just made special with additional engraving on the Blade... apart from that, no dealer markings anywhere else...

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that 'custom' alox models could be any standard model configuration in silver, red, green, blue or black and had to have engraving on either the blade or the scale.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
The MTO PX is actually a standard one I believe... It was just made special with additional engraving on the Blade... apart from that, no dealer markings anywhere else...
Standard layout, yes, but still with an engraving on the blade! Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am just asking if any colored versions exist with out any markings.

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that 'custom' alox models could be any standard model configuration in silver, red, green, blue or black and had to have engraving on either the blade or the scale.
That makes sense, in fact I remember reading that somewhere on here as well but my memory was fuzzy so I wanted to double check.

Does anyone have any idea if Victorinox is planning on releasing unmarked official colored versions of the PX any time soon? (As it sounds like we have confirmed that they have never done this as of yet.)

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
How large an order do you need to get a custom run?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

R

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
I have been looking and the are all marked one way or another....I still keep looking and hoping that I will see one sooner or later.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Well I just went ahead and ordered a blue PX from DLT Trading, DLT engraving and all! Would prefer it unmarked but it doesn't really matter, a blue PX is just too darn sexy.  :woohoo:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Well I just went ahead and ordered a blue PX from DLT Trading, DLT engraving and all! Would prefer it unmarked but it doesn't really matter, a blue PX is just too darn sexy.  :woohoo:

Excellent  :climber:

us Offline BerkshireHunter

I’m tempted to do the same

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD