Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman's amazing customer service.

Offline Jacobf0303

• New User
Leatherman's amazing customer service.
on: August 21, 2018, 11:26:44 PM
Hello all,
As the title implies I'll be explaining why I think Leatherman is the best multi-tool company, mainly focusing on customer support,
on the 3rd of August, I sent my 1996 Leatherman PST in for repair, though I accidentally sent it to the wrong place (still Leatherman) so I decided to contact customer support and tell them my issue and hopefully get my tool located,
unfortunately, the Lady I was speaking to wasn't much help, I don't blame her since I didn't have a tracking number, about a week went by and I got a call from Leatherman, the Man on the phone told me they received my tool and that I sent
it to the wrong place, he offered to send me a brand new Leatherman Rebar as a replacement or send the old one back as-is, I told him to send it back as it has sentimental value, so he sent it back,
today I received my tool just how I sent it in, but I was wondering, why is it so early? I expected this to arrive on the 29th, I looked at the package and they sent it back using express shipping! so after that, I decided to look
at the heritage PST sheath but I noticed it was out of stock, so I clicked the live chat button and asked when it will be back in stock, she said she doesn't know,
I noticed the agent I was speaking to was the same agent I was emailing all along, (every time I use the live chat I get somebody different)
so I told her that I received my tool and that all is well and it'll be sent off to Portland tomorrow, she apologized for not being much
help locating my tool and she said that she'd send me that sheath for free to make up for the confusion and shipping costs! (the sheath is a $20 value) I didn't want to push my luck, but I thought I'd ask,
I wanted to buy a Wave heritage sheath and I asked if I could have that one instead and she said yes.

I'm sure everyone has their preferences, but this among many other reasons is why I will always buy from Leatherman.
Thanks for reading!  :)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman's amazing customer service.
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 12:16:46 AM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 12:15:22 PM
Great to hear this story :tu: I am so glad that their CS is still going above and beyond :tu: :like:

Also welcome to :MTO:

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:23:15 AM
Leatherman customer service is above par.

Nice assessment, Jacob :tu:

Welcome to  :MTO:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 02:27:20 AM
Always nice to see a company taking care of it's customers. We need more of that.  :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:36:38 AM
 :iagree: :tu:

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 11:39:43 PM
Leatherman has a history of going above and beyond.  I've had them take care of me several times, and I'm always amazed.  It's been about 5 years since my last warranty claim, so I'm thrilled to hear they still rock the customer service they used to.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 12:17:15 AM
It is great to see good outcomes for many people, regarding Leathrrman CS. :)

My personal favorite LM CS story involves my 2005 Wave. I called LM and told them I bought it second hand for $20 and asked if I could buy a file for it, since the only thing wrong was the file had been snapped off and ground down to a nub. It did have notable wear on all the tools, but I just wanted to buy a file. The lady on the phone said where I got it wasn't important and to mail the tool to them.
Three weeks later I got the Wave back. They replaced the worn plier head, worn PE blade, worn SE blade, worn saw blade, the file (of course),  worn scissors, worn large flat blade, and they even stuck new bits in both bit holders. The only things that were original were the handles, bit holders, and can opener. It was like a new Wave. They even put new pivot screws in.
They could really have gotten away with a new file and I would have been happy.

That is some serious CS. :multi:

The only "bad"(i don't think that is the right word for it) experience was when I got a brand new OHT and the pliers were misaligned about 50%. I could almost use my fingers to bypass the plier tips. I sent it in to LM and they sent a replacement. It had the jaws misaligned about 30%.  :facepalm:

So, fed up with it, I waited a long time and sent the replacement back to LM. They finally sent me an OHT with acceptable jaws. But, the two shipments costed $17. Tack that on the $89 I paid for it, and I was into an OHT for $106. Well, the coolest thing happened a few months later. I was browsing through a Wal-Mart near my work and spotted a BO OHT. I was curious as to what the price was, since it wasn't a really new tool anymore and the rack said $18.88($20.39 w tax) (of something close to that). I had the lady open the case and she said it was the last one, and some guy had bought the rest earlier that day. But, I was happy to get the one. So, the balanced price I paid for two proper OHTs was $126.39. Not too bad. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 02:04:08 AM
Good story, and good find :tu:

:like:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 02:06:33 AM
Good story, and good find :tu:

:like:
Thank you, Sir! :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 02:16:14 AM
 :salute: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69