Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is this packaging normal for a Classic?

SAKguy · 39 · 1168

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Is this packaging normal for a Classic?
Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
I am! :cry:

But the 58mm and 74mm path is still unwalked by me...

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: August 23, 2018, 11:41:55 AM
:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Online cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 03:08:56 PM
Counting variants on the Classic such as the Bijou (no keyring), Executive (at one point the 74mm and 58mm knife had switched names, and this version didn't have a keyring), and Companion, I've got at least a half a dozen kicking around. One is almost always in my watch pocket. The Classic weighs nothing but packs 5 tools and 6 functions (four if it doesn't have scale tools).  Most knives this small I consider nothing but a novelty, but not the Classic.  And chances are, you can show your local pride, as there are a ton of logos from hundreds of different companies on them.   I've seen a few for local coal companies (Massey Energy, Alpha Natural Resources, and I want to say Consol), and they're going in that collection which I've recently started.   

On another note, I prefer the "Emergency" model with Wharncliffe blade, made for Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals.  Still need to get that one, and another to make a Companion version by a blade swap.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 03:34:55 PM
Counting variants on the Classic such as the Bijou (no keyring), Executive (at one point the 74mm and 58mm knife had switched names, and this version didn't have a keyring), and Companion, I've got at least a half a dozen kicking around. One is almost always in my watch pocket. The Classic weighs nothing but packs 5 tools and 6 functions (four if it doesn't have scale tools).  Most knives this small I consider nothing but a novelty, but not the Classic.  And chances are, you can show your local pride, as there are a ton of logos from hundreds of different companies on them.   I've seen a few for local coal companies (Massey Energy, Alpha Natural Resources, and I want to say Consol), and they're going in that collection which I've recently started.   

On another note, I prefer the "Emergency" model with Wharncliffe blade, made for Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals.  Still need to get that one, and another to make a Companion version by a blade swap.

That blade is great! I think the MiniChamp has one. I'd prefer it to the regular blade shape. It gives an extra bit of cutting edge, albeit little, it makes a difference.

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 23, 2018, 04:16:17 PM

AMEN Brother!!!!!

I think the classic is the most unrated pocket knife in the world.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

gb Offline fred2892

Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 06:14:18 PM
This Classic SD just arrived from amazon uk 2 hours ago. That’s all the packaging there was, no box, no card, no plastic blister. Just the Classic inside a padded envelope inside the usual brown amazon cardboard outer. As a collector of many things weird and wonderful, I’m a little disappointed. My boy however, is pleased as punch with his new SAK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 06:16:39 PM
This Classic SD just arrived from amazon uk 2 hours ago. That’s all the packaging there was, no box, no card, no plastic blister. Just the Classic inside a padded envelope inside the usual brown amazon cardboard outer. As a collector of many things weird and wonderful, I’m a little disappointed. My boy however, is pleased as punch with his new SAK.
(Image removed from quote.)

I got several like that. The black pouch usually has a sticker with the SAK code/name in it, just like the one you got.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 09:48:13 PM
I'm sure the Classic is Victorinox's #1 seller. I see them everywhere. And everybody needs at least 1....or 2, or 3.....

Several years ago, one of the knife magazines called the Victorinox classic the worlds most popular pocket knife by sales volumes. They really are literally everywhere.

Not everywhere...

:pok: :pok:

Show content
You won't find them at Mechanickal's house...

:facepalm:
:rofl: :rofl:
Or mine....
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #38 on: August 23, 2018, 10:48:17 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

I got several like that. The black pouch usually has a sticker with the SAK code/name in it, just like the one you got.

And it's still an example of the Great Vic Classic -  and if your lad likes it - job done  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88