Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Keychain alternatives?

Aloha · 38 · 6065

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Keychain alternatives?
Reply #30 on: June 15, 2021, 03:55:59 PM
I like the quick release you have.  I also love having a swivel on my keychain which helps for the most part things not twisting and tangling up. 

Nice set up E.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 10:04:12 PM
While out on our walk this morning I kept looking around because sometimes I come up with ideas, I was thinking how did they come up with the idea of making that ufo? And somehow while looking around I looked a light, and was like electrical, hmm,
For anyone who know how to run wiring, and you use a 4 x 4 metal box, there’s a bunch of knockouts, normally diff sizes and depending on what size is how many layers you knock out, and I was thinking if you knock a 1/2” out that’s the center but then knock out to the next size it would pretty much make the loop, so I was like :think: hmm, you know what, it would pretty much just be a washer so way not just take a simple 3/8” all thread washer and drill the center out a little more and then drill the holes around the ring,, I mean compared to the ufo it would be absolutely the same size just a little thin and not titanium? But also not $15, and I got a handful in the garage,,
Here’s a pic to help you understand about the electrical box,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 08:55:20 PM
I've seen that UFO thingy.  I am no help since I take apart my keychain almost weekly.  I've stopped using one thing to try something else then back again to the thing I stopped using.  Not because it works but because the new idea was worse. 

The one item I do use and have pretty much since getting it is the Victorinox belt hanger.  I keep my wallet and house keys on that. 
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: November 29, 2021, 03:38:30 PM
I find the UFO a bit interesting because it's so similar to what the local Sámi have been using for what we today would call EDC purposes.

As for keeping the number of keys down, I can not enough recommend buying a pack of 4 or so padlocks. We currently have 3 storage units in our apartment building but only one key required. On top of that our regular door key also works for the communal areas of the building which means that while there are a lot of doors I only need two keys.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: December 13, 2021, 04:32:52 AM
No new ideas just refreshed ones.  That Sami kit looks awesome. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: December 14, 2021, 04:01:17 PM
Went back to my Keysmart, we'll see how this lasts  :whistle:
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #36 on: December 14, 2021, 04:42:43 PM
Why not just make a key wallet?
Get yourself some 50mm elastic in your colour of choosing, lay down however many strips you want, and then stitch in some channels before slotting the keys in. With a footprint about the same size as a credit card, that can fit in a wallet or pocket quite well, will lay as flat as possible and will be flexible. You can even have little pull tags or something on the keys, if you like.
If you carry something like a Surfshorts wallet, it's ideal. Of course, you can fit other things in there too, like USB flash drives or 58mm Swiss Army knives... I made one myself for my MiniChamp and a couple of 256GB drives, although a Classic SD or Rambler would sit very nicely!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:01:52 PM by Tasky »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: December 14, 2021, 04:48:03 PM
Sounds nice.  I have a Tumi key wallet that I used for a very short moment.  My key struggle is ongoing and to be honest I think its more about I like to fool with it more than I have trouble with it.  Its been something I've done now for years  :facepalm:.  My partner saw me last night taking about my key chain and she says "So what are you going to do now?"
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD