Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Maglite Flashlight Club 3537

Hero Member Posts: 820
Re: Maglite Flashlight Club
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2020, 06:28:49 AM »
Nice collection, MTS, and even the accessories/promo items!
 :tu: :like:
Newbie Posts: 23
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2020, 10:36:37 AM »
The promo items are hard to get her in Germany. I asked our generell seller if he can send me something. Maglite isn't shipping to Europe. That's why it is so rare

Gesendet von meinem SM-A600FN mit Tapatalk

Newbie Posts: 26 Tool Dabbler, Beer Dribbler
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2020, 11:14:04 PM »

Stumbled across this MiniMag that I'm pretty sure my dad threw in my Xmas stocking during my young adult years as a "Now that you're a man, you need a man's flashlight"-type deal along with a mechanic's tool set. Never found much need for it but have thrown it in my bag now that I'm dabbling in the EDC world as the Endtimes loom large. Never knew about this quirky "candle" mode - neat!
No Life Club Posts: 1,387
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2020, 12:37:17 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Stumbled across this MiniMag that I'm pretty sure my dad threw in my Xmas stocking during my young adult years as a "Now that you're a man, you need a man's flashlight"-type deal along with a mechanic's tool set. Never found much need for it but have thrown it in my bag now that I'm dabbling in the EDC world as the Endtimes loom large. Never knew about this quirky "candle" mode - neat!

Wow - thats a blast from the past.  Does anyone know if these are being improved upon? I have had several of the regular Minimags, and I got an LED version when I first saw it years ago.  Are the new LED versions particularly good?
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,879
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »
Wow - thats a blast from the past.  Does anyone know if these are being improved upon? I have had several of the regular Minimags, and I got an LED version when I first saw it years ago.  Are the new LED versions particularly good?

I think there exists a few led versions of Minimag AA, some has SOS and levels of brightness to choose from.  There are just too many choices nowadays to choose from and really depends what are we comparing it to--if comparing to the original incan Minimag AA, yes, it's absolutely fabulous.  But for the price point, robust design and warranty, I would say it's pretty hard to beat a Minimag AA for its price point.

Follow us on MTO Unleashed Challenge this month!
Free Magnets! Nessmuk Challenge in Sept
Comis Gear Youtube Channel
No Life Club Posts: 1,387
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2020, 08:26:45 PM »
Good to know... What I liked about the original incandescent miniMags was that you had the "candle" capability.  These days my flashlights are just for going camping, and I have an older miniMag LED, two inexpensive flashlights that telescope out into a lantern, and one inexpensive "tactical" flashlight.  I can't say I like any one better than the next - what one gains in brightness, it loses in compactness.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
July Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: $23.00
PayPal Fees: $1.77
Net Balance: $21.23
Below Goal: $278.77
Site Currency: USD
 7%