Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Army Knives in MacGyver 2016

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Swiss Army Knives in MacGyver 2016
Reply #90 on: November 15, 2018, 06:19:39 PM
3x06 - Murdoc & MacGyver & Murdoc

Evolution 14/16
Show content

Show content
Show content

Spyderco
Kydex sheath, inlays, unusual blade shape.
Show content

Show content

Show content

CRKT M21
Show content

Show content

Best episode so far.  :cheers:

wow, they must be fond of the CRKT knives, they appear almost every 3-4 episodes,
and that Spyderco is a rare one, the Volpe, introduced in 2005, it only came in those characteristic stainless steel scales with wood inlays  8), and it's very odd to see it on a modern TV show  :think: and especially carried in the open position on a kydex sheath  :dunno:

It was made in Italy, in Maniago, by FOX Knives, if I remember correctly  ::)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #91 on: November 17, 2018, 08:59:05 AM
It is interesting and weird to see a Spyderco carried open in a kydex sheath, let alone a rare discontinued model.  :salute:
And I also like the M21 design. A welcomed guest star.  :like:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:04:27 AM by ReamerPunch »

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #92 on: November 20, 2018, 04:23:41 AM
Thanks for awl the hard work, RP! :salute:

Since I subscribe to the CBS all access app I'm watching new and old Mac concurrently! :ahhh
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #93 on: November 21, 2018, 11:18:47 AM
 Thanks, it's nice to see your work being appreciated. :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #94 on: November 21, 2018, 12:51:08 PM
3x07 - Scavengers & Hard Drive & Dragonfly

Evolution 14/16
Show content

Show content

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #95 on: November 26, 2018, 02:58:58 PM
3x08 - Revenge & Catacombs & Le Fantome

Evolution S13
Show content

Show content

Fieldmaster
Show content

Climber/Super Tinker
Show content

Show content

Show content

Gerber Strongarm?
Show content

Terrible episode.  :rant:
The story was so weak, it hurt. The Ghost, a nemesis of Mac who had been underused so far, but built up to be a main villain, was just passed off as a generic single-episode bad guy. Also the story was so boring, full of bomb-centered action flick cliches, and the 'twist' was so predictable and insignificant, I started laughing out loud the second they revealed it.
Every other line was exposition so unnecessary, it boggles the mind. It's like Captain Obvious narrating the DVD commentary. "We're in a room now." "The bad guy is not here." "Oh, there's a bomb here." I have eyes, thank you.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #96 on: November 26, 2018, 03:02:23 PM
As a side note, this thread is now up to speed with the series. Every episode that has aired so far has been viewed, examined, and catalogued with the clearest still shots I could get.
Episodes will be posted as they are released, hopefully anyway, and I intend to watch all of them, regardless of liking the series or not, which I currently do.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #97 on: November 26, 2018, 08:56:18 PM
good!
and that does definitely look like a Strongarm  :cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #98 on: December 01, 2018, 03:55:49 PM
3x09 - Specimen 234 & PAPR & Outbreak

Evolution three layer
Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Another helplessly mediocre episode. This one goes through the plot-point checklist of the traditional virus-oriented movie. Captain Obvious was the writer once more, as characters comment on each other's comments, leaving nothing untouched. "The CDC is asking for help." "The Centers for Disease Control needs us?" "They have an inventory discrepancy." "So they lost something." Goodness me, are these characters aware they're in a TV series? Is this show aimed at five-year-olds?
Riley's side-plot was utterly boring. And I could not care less about Leanna. She has no chemistry with anyone. Also, George Eads was there. The best actor and arguably the most badass character in the series, and you relegate him to comic relief? Why? Bozer is in this. Why is Bozer portrayed like a seasoned government field agent, but Jack, who is a seasoned government field agent, is treated like the goofy sidekick?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:57:23 PM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #99 on: December 03, 2018, 06:54:09 PM
 :rant: :poh: :cry:
If MacGyver makes it to a fourth season, it will do so without George Eads. TVLine has confirmed that the actor has decided to leave his role as Jack Dalton during the second half of the CBS reboot’s current third season.

According to THR, Eads stormed off the series’ Atlanta set in October following an unspecified altercation during production of an episode. He eventually returned to the set. His final episode is slated to air in early 2019. Eads had reportedly been asking to be released from his long-term contract in order to return to Los Angeles (where his young daughter resides).

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #100 on: December 08, 2018, 02:17:21 PM
3x10 - Matty & Ethan & Fidelity

Nothing except some terrible acting from the extras.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:26:02 PM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #101 on: January 05, 2019, 12:22:11 PM
3x11 - Mac & Fallout & Jack

Evolution 13/17
Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Fieldmaster
During flashback
Show content

Show content

Tinker Deluxe
Show content

This episode was a mixed bag.
The Mac & Jack story was fine, but a little silly, and they even acknowledge it in the episode.
Show content
Set-up of the movie Saw

The ending 'twist' was so predictable, but I was glad it happened just I expected it to, because I like Jack. Plus three different SAK models, so I am happy.
Also, I thought "fallout" meant Mac and Jack would clash as an excuse for Jack to be written off he show, but it was just a reference to a bunker.

The subplot was just interchangeable filler. It could have been in any episode and it would not have changed anything. They've probably filmed a bunch of these and use them randomly in episodes.

Bozer is insufferable in this episode. I hope they kill him off. He adds nothing to the episode, his character is not believable or interesting, and apart from his name, he has no connection to 'MacGyver'. His scenes could have been in any action series and you would not know it was supposed to be MacGyver-related. His talent of making masks and prosthetics has been forgotten, which is silly, because they recruited him for that very skill set.

Leanna is plain boring. I feel no connection to her, no chemistry with any other cast member, no special skills are displayed to warrant her presence. She knows how to fly a chopper. Why not use that in an episode? She is on the team just because she is the love interest of Bozer, and yet they still act like strangers around each other.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:25:26 PM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 08:33:27 AM
3x12 - Fence & Suitcase & Americium-241

Evolution 14
Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

Great episode. No subplot this time, and no Leanna, but sadly no Jack either.
Great performances, I hope we see more of the guest actress, she was amazing.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #103 on: January 13, 2019, 09:12:53 PM
 :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:  :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Thanks, RP!!!
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #104 on: January 20, 2019, 01:26:17 PM

3x13 - Wilderness & Training & Survival

Fieldmaster
Show content

Show content

Climber
Show content
Show content

Show content

CRKT M21
Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Zippo maybe
Show content

What a great episode.
An excellent wilderness setting, and a small subplot that did not take away from the excitement of the main plot.
This episode respected the spirit of the original series, fitting more in there than the remake. I could easily picture this episode with Richard Dean Anderson in the lead, the main plot anyway.
The guests provided good performances, which helps the episode even more. Riley was great in this. Bozer was alright. They chose to make Riley the 'good student' and Bozer the 'do I have to' student, but he pulled his weight.
Of course, a few plot elements were a little predictable, if you watch action series. Still, these are forgiven, thanks to a well executed story, great performances all around, a nice natural setting, and knives.
Two SAKs, plus our favorite CRKT, and Dave Canterbury's book, and maybe a Zippo, to compliment the cast. Props to the props department.

I know many fans of the original series did not like the direction of this series, but if you can watch this episode, do it. It's good, old school fun.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #105 on: February 02, 2019, 11:51:31 PM
3x14 - Father & Bride & Betrayal

Unidentified
Show content

Show content

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

Show content

Good episode this one. Only one plot, and a good one at that. No insignificant b plot, just Jack leaving. Goodbye sir.  :salute:
I hope you find a way to return for a few episodes, or even for good. We'll see.
Good action, plausible plot, good performances from main cast and guests. I liked the story, and the resolution.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:52:44 PM by ReamerPunch »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #106 on: February 17, 2019, 12:46:20 AM
3x15 - K9 & Smugglers & New Recruit

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

Show content

Show content

Well, Jack's replacement is here. I did not like her immediately, which is a common tactic of introducing a replacement character. She did badass stuff, she's cold, she's smart.
By the end of the episode, I did not hate her, but as I look back at the chemistry between Mac and Jack, I cannot help but miss Jack. Desi so far is just a generic action series character. Mysterious, smart, distant, and female.
At least she did something, unlike Leanna and Bozer who just spat out some exposition and stood around for the rest of the episode. I thought Leanna had been written off, and in this episode, removing her entirely would change nothing. She and Bozer could be the replacement of Jack in the field, making mistakes as rookies, endangering Mac and the mission but solving it by the end, having Maddy scold them, seeing them work with their relationship and the new challenge of working together with Mac.
But no. Let's just have them do nothing, and introduce yet another character.
Cage was great. Why can't she come back?  :cry:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #107 on: February 23, 2019, 09:00:35 AM
3x16 - Lidar & Rogues & Duty

Unidentified
Show content

Show content

Explorer
Show content

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

Show content

Show content

Ranger
(left)
Show content

Show content

Fixed blade
Show content

Show content

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #108 on: March 17, 2019, 02:23:57 AM
3x17 - Seeds & Permafrost & Feather

Delemont
2 layers
Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #109 on: April 06, 2019, 01:09:34 PM
3x18 - Murdoc & Helman & Hit

Unidentified
Either using backside Phillips, or just reamer.
Show content

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #110 on: April 24, 2019, 11:18:55 AM
3x19 - Friends & Enemies & Border

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

Show content

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #111 on: April 27, 2019, 09:24:59 PM
3x20 - No Go & High Voltage & Rescue

Deluxe Tinker
Show content

Show content

Show content

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #112 on: May 04, 2019, 07:03:10 PM
3x21 - Treason & Heartbreak & Gum

Victorinox Delemont 52
Show content

CRKT M21
Show content

Mindless action, uninteresting attempts at drama, and a ludicrous premise.
The whole set-up is boring and not at all plausible, and gets absolutely ridiculous as the episode progresses, approaching sitcom levels of silliness. Can secret agents really talk about committing treason on their phones and in their headquarters? Without SWAT teams bouncing on them?

Ethan is an interesting character. No matter how much they try, I still don't give a smurf about him. No matter what predicament he finds himself in, it's always the same. I do not care. I am watching "MacGyver". Shifting the focus of the main story to an underdeveloped guest character of such little relevance to MacGyver made me eager to see the episode end.

The Coltons are the most boring side-characters in here, rivaling Leanna's insignificance. And to waste Riley in a yawn-inducing side-plot with them, what a shame. She carried that whole storyline, hopefully for the last time.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #113 on: May 11, 2019, 07:44:53 PM
3x22 - Mason & Cable & Choices

Huntsman
Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Show content

Huntsman Wood
Show content

This is a re-imagining of the episode "Countdown" in the original MacGyver, where Mac and Charlie have to disarm bombs on a ship.

What an episode.  :like:
Great performances all around. Peter Weller is in this. He really elevated the episode.  :salute:
Excellent writing and directing too. Maybe keep this crew for every episode from now on? Or at least assign them to more episodes? Please?

Wonderful cold opening. It sets up everything promptly, demanding my attention and gaining my interest.
We are quickly introduced to the new main villain, and I look forward to seeing him more.
Through a tragedy and the resulting conflict, we see further character development.
No side-plots. No insignificant characters, no sitcom silliness. Just a well paced, interesting, intriguing, entertaining, and very promising main plot.

This. This is what the show needs. If it had started like this, more people would have watched it. I can only hope this high level of quality continues.

I would be comfortable to call this the best episode yet. There have been other good ones, but it has been a while since I watched them, and I have done so only once. Still, this episode was an absolute joy. Perfect blend of drama, action, and MacGyver. :2tu:
I do not know how I can recommend the final episode of the third season, but if you can somehow watch this, then watch it. :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #114 on: February 20, 2020, 04:07:03 PM
Man, talk about a hiatus. :pok:

4x01 - Fire & Ashes & Legacy = Phoenix

Climber
Show content

Show content

Huntsman
Show content

Show content

Not a bad episode, nor anything special. Boring one-off villain, rather predictable plot.
I am not a fan of Mac explaining what he is doing as he is doing it, nor of Maddy summing up the plot as the show returns from commercials.
Nor of Bozer, who is  comic relief with no comedy.
Nor of the many cliches of a virus/contagion action film.

Nobody did much in this episode. Even MacGyver seemed kinda bored doing MacGyverisms.
Kind of a slow start, to get us going. Hopefully it will pick up.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #115 on: February 20, 2020, 08:21:52 PM
Hi RP, content’s not dismaying my side...  :dunno:

Update...just takes a while to load.  :tu:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #116 on: February 25, 2020, 10:19:00 AM
4x02 - Red Cell & Quantum & Cold & Committed

Ranger
Show content

Show content

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #117 on: February 26, 2020, 01:03:07 AM
It's interesting how there are so many Evos but no Alox.

I guess the little red ones are iconic. 

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #118 on: February 29, 2020, 11:07:05 AM
That is interesting. I've never thought of that. I am also waiting for a Spirit to make an appearance. Especially the chisel.
What a coincidence, too. The next episode has an Evo. :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #119 on: February 29, 2020, 11:08:53 AM
4x03 - Kid & Plane & Cable & Truck

Victorinox Evolution 17
Show content

Show content

A nice episode this one. Just a main plot, and a good one at that. Bozer finally proves useful. A little cliche of an action scene, but at least they gave him something to do, other than ineffective comic relief.
I am not a fan of the Mac and Desi plot-line, and neither are most people. Fans were against Mac's romance with Cage and she was written off. Why is the same thing pursued and even forced with Desi?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%