Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Huntsman Challenge

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Huntsman Challenge
Reply #750 on: November 23, 2018, 04:27:52 PM
 :cheers: Phil!
Barry

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #751 on: November 23, 2018, 04:28:06 PM
It's a job for the can opener, Bill.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #752 on: November 23, 2018, 04:30:33 PM
I think you are going to need a bigger SAK, Barry.....

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #753 on: November 23, 2018, 04:32:35 PM
 :rofl: :like:. I think you're right buddy!
Barry

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #754 on: November 23, 2018, 05:13:28 PM
Now that Nix, is the sort of cutlass blade that Captain Hook would have on his Huntsman  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #755 on: November 23, 2018, 05:16:29 PM
:cheers: Phil!

Thank you Barry.

By the way I found a way into the banana but now my scissors are all gunked up  :rofl:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #756 on: November 23, 2018, 06:59:08 PM
Another easy day today! Still recouping from yesterdays great food and family get together!  :woohoo:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #757 on: November 23, 2018, 08:02:30 PM
DAY 20

On duty with the huntsman and my faithful 110
IMG_20181123_135456.jpg
* IMG_20181123_135456.jpg (Filesize: 224.13 KB)
Send In the spartans

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #758 on: November 23, 2018, 08:03:20 PM
Day 22 :

Getting Thanksgiving started with a good breakfast. Pen blade got used to liberate the good stuff from it's plastic wrapper.

(Image removed from quote.)

Happy Thanksgiving to awl!  :2tu:

:salute:

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #759 on: November 23, 2018, 08:14:54 PM
Well, seeing as we seem to be on a food roll at the moment ... I  bought some Rutland Red Leicester cheese from the supermarket today ... and because you obviously* look at the web site for the cheesemaker afterwards  :facepalm: found this from the same dairy ....

* yep, I can't explain it either  :think:
IMG_0954.jpg
* IMG_0954.jpg (Filesize: 290.42 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

de Offline Shuya

Reply #760 on: November 23, 2018, 08:49:04 PM
Day 23 already.

Did a walk with my girlfriend and daughter to one of the hills surrounding our town above the river. On three of them were old fortifications of the slavic people settling here 1500 years ago. This is one of them, an egg shaped wall and trench of about 50x150m. You can still see some holes in the ground about 5-6m in diameter from dug in houses of that era. The whole thing was abandoned about 1000 years ago when christianization started and a monastery was founded here, the town began to build, silver was found.

Lots of beechnuts to eat, and some chestnuts. Deer is sleeping here too. Many of small depressions with removed debris.

Of course
IMAG6183~01.jpg
* IMAG6183~01.jpg (Filesize: 236.09 KB)
IMAG6180~01_1.jpg
* IMAG6180~01_1.jpg (Filesize: 209.44 KB)
IMAG6185~01.jpg
* IMAG6185~01.jpg (Filesize: 329.53 KB)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:51:17 PM by Shuya »

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #761 on: November 23, 2018, 08:51:27 PM
Day 23 already.

Did a walk with my girlfriend and daughter to one of the hills surrounding our town above the river. On three of them were old fortifications of the slavic people settling here 1500 years ago. This is one of them, an egg shaped wall and trench of about 50x150m. You can still see some holes in the ground about 5-6m in diameter from dug in houses of that era. The whole thing was abandoned about 1000 years ago when christianization started and a monastery was founded here, the town began to build, silver was found.

Lots of beechnuts to eat, and some chestnuts. Deer is sleeping here too. Many of small depressions with removed debris.

Of course

Fascinating and lovely pictures there Shuya - top notch  :tu:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #762 on: November 23, 2018, 09:02:07 PM
Day 22
Happy Thanksgiving to all of us in the United States.  Happy Thursday to the rest of you.  Getting ready for a feast here.  Had two smokers going and, at the time of the photo, getting ready to fire up the turkey fryer.  The menu included pork belly, two standing rib roasts, a duck, a fried turkey, ham, green beens, grilled asparagus with a coconut dressing, green been casserole, stuffing, mashed summer squash, potatoes with cheese, pumpkin and apple pies, and of course we had cranberry sauce, but it was from a can. My mother's home made cranberry sauce is so much better.  I ate hours ago and I just got home. I'm still so stuffed my belly feels like a basketball.

Wow Alan....  :ahhh

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #763 on: November 23, 2018, 09:06:24 PM
That log never saw your Huntsman coming Barry ! Proper Job  :cheers:

I'm struggling to work out how to start on my banana with my opener  :think:

It's a Marine. It will find a way  :salute:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #764 on: November 23, 2018, 09:10:16 PM
Well, seeing as we seem to be on a food roll at the moment ... I  bought some Rutland Red Leicester cheese from the supermarket today ... and because you obviously* look at the web site for the cheesemaker afterwards  :facepalm: found this from the same dairy ....

* yep, I can't explain it either  :think:

That I've never seen before  :o
But I think it's worth a try  :pok:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #765 on: November 23, 2018, 09:12:43 PM
Day 23 already.

Of course

Fascinating and lovely pictures there Shuya - top notch  :tu:

:iagree:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #766 on: November 23, 2018, 10:00:18 PM
Day 23
The SAK scissors are sharp but it still took a long time to cut up all of that cypress for garden mulch. :D
Huntsman 23.JPG
* Huntsman 23.JPG (Filesize: 189.47 KB)

us Offline cody6268

Reply #767 on: November 23, 2018, 11:43:23 PM

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:44:59 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #768 on: November 23, 2018, 11:45:59 PM
Day 23 :

I followed Shuya's example and, for Black Friday,.....ran for the hills!

Temps were hovering around the freezing point today, but it seemed like a good day for a hike. The forecast was calling for a snowstorm this evening, and I thought I'd grab a bit of sunshine while I could.

The Huntsman came along, her set off by some wildly orange lichens:

The trail wound up around a 'mountain'. We had had a bit of graupel last night and the trail was a bit icy in spots. I was very glad to have brought a hiking staff along.

I got a little bit lost, which is always fun. The hike ended up being closer to 5 hours (I had told Mrs Nix 2 hours), but she knew I was going to wander about a little and wasn't concerned. The Huntsman got used to open a trail snack (these are pretty good):

As the day wore on, it was evident that the storm was starting to form up and roll in. No snow yet, but it's gone cloudy now. I'd lay even money on waking up to a fresh 2" of snow in the morning.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #770 on: November 24, 2018, 12:04:40 AM
Day 23 :

I followed Shuya's example and, for Black Friday,.....ran for the hills!

Temps were hovering around the freezing point today, but it seemed like a good day for a hike. The forecast was calling for a snowstorm this evening, and I thought I'd grab a bit of sunshine while I could.

The Huntsman came along, her set off by some wildly orange lichens:

The trail wound up around a 'mountain'. We had had a bit of graupel last night and the trail was a bit icy in spots. I was very glad to have brought a hiking staff along.

I got a little bit lost, which is always fun. The hike ended up being closer to 5 hours (I had told Mrs Nix 2 hours), but she knew I was going to wander about a little and wasn't concerned. The Huntsman got used to open a trail snack (these are pretty good):

As the day wore on, it was evident that the storm was starting to form up and roll in. No snow yet, but it's gone cloudy now. I'd lay even money on waking up to a fresh 2" of snow in the morning.

An opportunity well taken Jack.
My wife would have called the head of state already though :facepalm:
I appreciate you taken the time to snap a set of great pictures too  :hatsoff:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #771 on: November 24, 2018, 12:06:09 AM
Day 23
The SAK scissors are sharp but it still took a long time to cut up all of that cypress for garden mulch. :D

No doubt a SAK's scissors can do that.
But how's your thumb Alan?  :D

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #772 on: November 24, 2018, 01:49:24 AM
Thanks, Matt.

A fun day out.

A couple of highlights: saw a flock of Clark's Nutcrackers working it's way through the pines (not my photo):

Also kicked up a young, but healthy, 2x2 mule deer buck. He dashed off 25 yards and then stopped to check me out. Unsure what a person would be doing back in the hills in just a t-shirt when a Winter storm was rolling in. (Again, not my photo)

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #773 on: November 24, 2018, 01:52:44 AM
Great posts and photos!  :cheers:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #774 on: November 24, 2018, 12:39:17 PM
Thanks, Matt.

A fun day out.

A couple of highlights: saw a flock of Clark's Nutcrackers working it's way through the pines (not my photo):

Also kicked up a young, but healthy, 2x2 mule deer buck. He dashed off 25 yards and then stopped to check me out. Unsure what a person would be doing back in the hills in just a t-shirt when a Winter storm was rolling in. (Again, not my photo)

I was in the woods on Vancouver Island years ago, I turned around and there was a deer standing right behind me, completely oblivious to me - it doesn't sound like much, but it was a really strange experience. Glad it wasn't a cougar or a bear.  :ahhh
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:41:14 PM by Fuzzbucket »

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #775 on: November 24, 2018, 01:55:42 PM
Good morning Huntsmen!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #776 on: November 24, 2018, 02:28:21 PM
Thanks, Matt.

A fun day out.

I was in the woods on Vancouver Island years ago, I turned around and there was a deer standing right behind me, completely oblivious to me - it doesn't sound like much, but it was a really strange experience. Glad it wasn't a cougar or a bear.  :ahhh

well, I'd prefer that the cougar or bear was unaware of me standing behind them, than me being unaware that there's a bear or cougar standing right behind me!  :dunno: :D

excellent shots Nix!
I like lichens a lot and always feel the need to touch them  :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #777 on: November 24, 2018, 02:40:44 PM
Thanks, Matt.

A fun day out.

Definitely glad it wasn’t a BEAR!  :oops:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #778 on: November 24, 2018, 02:49:45 PM
Thanks, Matt.

A fun day out.

well, I'd prefer that the cougar or bear was unaware of me standing behind them, than me being unaware that there's a bear or cougar standing right behind me!  :dunno: :D

excellent shots Nix!
I like lichens a lot and always feel the need to touch them  :D

Definitely glad it wasn’t a BEAR!  :oops:

Actually, also really glad there wasn't a shootist on the other side of the deer, now I come to think of it...  :think:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:50:53 PM by Fuzzbucket »

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #779 on: November 24, 2018, 03:14:02 PM
Great pics everyone!!  Mine helped fix breakfast, using the main blade to open packages.  I need to run to the hills!
IMG_20181124_091002.jpg
* IMG_20181124_091002.jpg (Filesize: 156.22 KB)
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD