Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How does the champion plus or cybertool 34 (28mm width) in the pocket for edc? 551

Jr. Member Posts: 76
How does the champion plus or cybertool 34 (28mm width) in the pocket for edc?
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:39:20 AM »
Is the champion plus or cybertool 34 thin enough for normal jeans pocket carrying or does it need a pouch like the swisschamp?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:41:04 AM by Myoman »
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,579 I'm blue!
Re: How does the champion plus feel in the pocket for edc?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 06:07:56 AM »
I carried a Champion in my coat pocket for nearly 25 years. It´s practically the same width as a Handyman.
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,086
Re: How does the champion plus feel in the pocket for edc?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 06:42:54 AM »
I really think it depends on the pocket.  If you wear your pant a bit snug then probably not gonna work.  If you wear cargo type pants then I don't see why not.  Jacket pocket, no problem. 

Esse Quam Videri
Re: How does the champion plus or cybertool 34 (28mm width) in the pocket for edc?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:41:50 AM »
Edited the OP for more specificity
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,125 Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: How does the champion plus or cybertool 34 (28mm width) in the pocket for edc?
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
Some people pocket carry it, other pouch carry it. It depends.  :dunno: Same answer for any SAK except the XAVT (sheath, definitely sheath).
And pocket carry will be easier if you use a 'dangler'.  :tu:

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,946 I brake for cake
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 08:49:51 AM »
About the same as a Huntsman Lite or Handyman. :pok:
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 09:10:20 AM »

About the same as a Huntsman Lite or Handyman. :pok:

Can anyone confirm it feeling about the same as a huntsman lite?

I'm having someone do a mod, and I really would like to keep the metal file (which would make it around 28mm, while the mod without the file is around 25.5 mm).

The huntsman lite was a perfect width and weight for me, so if the size/width feels about the same, then  the metal file might still get in.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,125 Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »
25.5 vs 28 doesn’t sound like a huge difference to me. If I had two swisschamps, one with saw and one without, I wouldn’t notice the size difference, pocket carry wise.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:47:55 AM by Don Pablo »

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!
Thread Killer 2019 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,072
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:27 PM »
I carry a Champion every day on a dangler so it hangs from my belt loop about halfway down my pocket. No issues in regular jeans or khakis.  Because it is hanging from my belt loop I don't notice it.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,741
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 10:09:54 PM »
The Champion and the CT34 are basically the same width.  I used to carry SAKs of this width in jeans only several years ago, but I rarely pocket carry anything wider than a 3-layer cellidor model anymore, so I can't really say.  It's certainly doable, it just depends on what you're comfortable with.  These days, I carry knives of this size in a Skinth M-Shield.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:29:03 PM by NutSAK »

- Terry
Jr. Member Posts: 51
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 10:14:54 PM »
The weight is going to be the bigger factor in carry, I believe. I stopped carrying my Champion plus (even on a dangler) because of how dense it was (148g), CT34 even heavier at (153g).

I found I was not using all of the implements within, so I started carrying a Troubleshooter that removed the wood saw, inline philips, and angler, but retained the metal saw and added a pliers (141g). This to me was the sweet spot, but as always, YMMV.  :salute:

Sr. Member Posts: 324 Classic SD - SwissChamp
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 12:15:22 AM »
Is the champion plus or cybertool 34 thin enough for normal jeans pocket carrying or does it need a pouch like the swisschamp?

They're all fine, I carry SwissChamp in regular girl jeans without the pouch. Are you boys weak?  ;)
No Life Club Posts: 3,478 It is what it isn't.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 12:21:22 AM »
When I wore jeans I could only handle carrying a sak that big or even a sak at 4 layers like my Explorer using a suspension clip, then it was no issue having a swisschamp in my front pocket.  This works very well as it just lets the big sak ride along the outside seem of the jeans in the front pocket.  I added the clasp part just recently but this is the clip I have used for many years without the clasp and it works great with swisschamp, champ plus etc.!

To be honest I actually like the suspension clip without the clasp and don't use it anymore.  Just on older pic to show you the suspension clip!  :)
suspensionclip_clasp.jpg
* suspensionclip_clasp.jpg (Filesize: 82.27 KB)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:23:51 AM by sir_mike »
No Life Club Posts: 1,363
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »

They're all fine, I carry SwissChamp in regular girl jeans without the pouch. Are you boys weak?  ;)

Haha... You tell them girl..  :pok:

:like:

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,236 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »

No, just sensitive! And you're mean, you made me cry!

:'( :'(

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,236 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »

Haha... You tell them girl..  :pok:

:like:

Dude! Don't encourage her!

:twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
December Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.69
Net Balance: $9.31
Below Goal: $290.69
Site Currency: USD