Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lost Tools Found 1665

Newbie Posts: 5
Re: Lost Tools Found
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 08:13:03 PM »
I was visiting in Saskatchewan. Rough desolate highway from Biggar to Rosetown. Seen a white wooden box in ditch. There were scrape marks in pavement and I could see a red panel inside box. I poped the lid and behold... Honda 3000is generator. I have a sled deck on my Dodge so trying to figure how to load it when a pickup stopped. I assumed it was their's as 2 guys came over. "Can we help you with that?" 2 nice huderite boys hmmm. Yes please. Moral is something so heavy shouldn't be on your bumper with tiny U bolts.
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 26,471 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2019, 08:39:26 PM »
We bringing this subject back,
I can’t believe I never wrote the most important lost tool story, my grandfather gave me my first sak, he asked me after I used his when I was ten if I wanted one and I was like YES PLEASE! but then he was like well for your twelfth bday then, so I had to wait and wait,, but I finally got it, I was so thrilled, yet after about a year later I was running through the woods and somehow lost it, leather sheath and all!
My father and I went up with metal detectors to follow my route but notta, I kept going through the woods looking around and just couldn’t find it, then about a year later my now step-sister fell while running around and screamed, yelling for me to come help her, so I ran, as I was running I tripped over something and did a face plant, it took me a few sec to shake it off but as everything came into focus, whats this? Three feet in front of me? Just sitting there under a leaf? No way, so I reach forward and sure enough, it was my sak! I’m still trying to shake off the face plant and believing what I’m seeing, then this girl screams, oh crap I forgot all about her, oops..
   But since the sak was in the leather sheath it kept it pretty clean for being in the woods for a whole year, snow and all, the leather really needed a good cleaning, but I still have them both to this day! All for doing a face plant!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
No Life Club Posts: 2,962 Lifelike and remarkably self similar
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2019, 12:28:25 AM »
Found this Craftsman 20 ounce hammer at the off ramp of the intersection of Hwy 288 and the  610 loop. Model number 38169.  It has a unique tack remover claw on one of the regular claws. I've seen these referred to as triple claw hammers.

"Drink your big black cow
And get out of here." -  Steely Dan
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 04:50:34 AM »
A couple of wrenches and a cheap carabiner. Found on the side of the road last week.

Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 36,498
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:11 AM »
I got a near mint PH2x400 Toptul last week in town. Last month I picked up a ratchet prybar thing.
No pics sorry cause I'm busy packing gear for the weekend.
No Life Club Posts: 3,832
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »
What amazes me about this thread is that people loose so many tools  :facepalm:

Many years ago walking up to my car day after a service, saw a spot of colour beneath the car and found a nice set of pliers wedged in between the leaf springs  :hatsoff:
No Life Club Posts: 1,309
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2020, 11:08:24 AM »
Found a rusty and blocked pair of pliers in the woods few years ago. Took it home, gave it a good vinegar bath, WD40-ed it. Works like a charm. Still using it happily.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,882
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 06:53:19 PM »
Found a small slotted screwdriver (insulated and new) and an automatic wire stripper on a ceiling 2 weeks ago.

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2020, 05:52:41 AM »
I found this monster on my way to work Friday.  Husky combination wrench, 1 5/16.  It is 17 inches long and weighs 2.33 pounds. 

No Life Club Posts: 3,857
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 10:29:10 PM »
Found a small slotted screwdriver (insulated and new) and an automatic wire stripper on a ceiling 2 weeks ago.

Whoops. There's a nearly new Case Canoe in an old electric wall heater we've got; been there since it was put in in the 1990s. I sure hope the knife's stainless. I plan to see if I can find the thing. The heater no longer even works right; so it's probably gonna go.

And, behind the bathroom wall; behind a vanity is one of my Olight i3EOS. Left it there while working when we put the new vanities in last summer.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2020, 03:02:59 PM »
I found this 2 inch Clamp on the side of the road near downtown Houston before the shutdown.  Needs some TLC.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $86.66
PayPal Fees: $5.67
Net Balance: $80.99
Below Goal: $219.01