Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How does the champion plus or cybertool 34 (28mm width) in the pocket for edc?

Offline Myoman

Is the champion plus or cybertool 34 thin enough for normal jeans pocket carrying or does it need a pouch like the swisschamp?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:41:04 AM by Myoman »

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: How does the champion plus feel in the pocket for edc?
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 06:07:56 AM
I carried a Champion in my coat pocket for nearly 25 years. It´s practically the same width as a Handyman.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: How does the champion plus feel in the pocket for edc?
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 06:42:54 AM
I really think it depends on the pocket.  If you wear your pant a bit snug then probably not gonna work.  If you wear cargo type pants then I don't see why not.  Jacket pocket, no problem. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline Myoman

Edited the OP for more specificity

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Some people pocket carry it, other pouch carry it. It depends.  :dunno: Same answer for any SAK except the XAVT (sheath, definitely sheath).
And pocket carry will be easier if you use a 'dangler'.  :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
About the same as a Huntsman Lite or Handyman. :pok:

Offline Myoman

About the same as a Huntsman Lite or Handyman. :pok:

Can anyone confirm it feeling about the same as a huntsman lite?

I'm having someone do a mod, and I really would like to keep the metal file (which would make it around 28mm, while the mod without the file is around 25.5 mm).

The huntsman lite was a perfect width and weight for me, so if the size/width feels about the same, then  the metal file might still get in.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
25.5 vs 28 doesn’t sound like a huge difference to me. If I had two swisschamps, one with saw and one without, I wouldn’t notice the size difference, pocket carry wise.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:47:55 AM by Don Pablo »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
I carry a Champion every day on a dangler so it hangs from my belt loop about halfway down my pocket. No issues in regular jeans or khakis.  Because it is hanging from my belt loop I don't notice it.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
The Champion and the CT34 are basically the same width.  I used to carry SAKs of this width in jeans only several years ago, but I rarely pocket carry anything wider than a 3-layer cellidor model anymore, so I can't really say.  It's certainly doable, it just depends on what you're comfortable with.  These days, I carry knives of this size in a Skinth M-Shield.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:29:03 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline boatman422

The weight is going to be the bigger factor in carry, I believe. I stopped carrying my Champion plus (even on a dangler) because of how dense it was (148g), CT34 even heavier at (153g).

I found I was not using all of the implements within, so I started carrying a Troubleshooter that removed the wood saw, inline philips, and angler, but retained the metal saw and added a pliers (141g). This to me was the sweet spot, but as always, YMMV.  :salute:

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Is the champion plus or cybertool 34 thin enough for normal jeans pocket carrying or does it need a pouch like the swisschamp?

They're all fine, I carry SwissChamp in regular girl jeans without the pouch. Are you boys weak?  ;)

us Online sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
When I wore jeans I could only handle carrying a sak that big or even a sak at 4 layers like my Explorer using a suspension clip, then it was no issue having a swisschamp in my front pocket.  This works very well as it just lets the big sak ride along the outside seem of the jeans in the front pocket.  I added the clasp part just recently but this is the clip I have used for many years without the clasp and it works great with swisschamp, champ plus etc.!

To be honest I actually like the suspension clip without the clasp and don't use it anymore.  Just on older pic to show you the suspension clip!  :)
suspensionclip_clasp.jpg
* suspensionclip_clasp.jpg (Filesize: 82.27 KB)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:23:51 AM by sir_mike »

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club

They're all fine, I carry SwissChamp in regular girl jeans without the pouch. Are you boys weak?  ;)

Haha... You tell them girl..  :pok:

:like:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!

No, just sensitive! And you're mean, you made me cry!

:cry: :cry:

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!

Haha... You tell them girl..  :pok:

:like:

Dude! Don't encourage her!

:twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD