Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Utica Multimaster Tool Variant

Offline Dmichels

• New User
Utica Multimaster Tool Variant
on: May 07, 2020, 05:05:50 PM
HI All
We just imported some Utica Multimaster tools that were made for an overseas police force. These were never issued and I think they are USA production.    I just want some information about them. They seam unique as in place of the can opener there is a belt cutter. Also in the included  screw driver bits there seams to be a glass breaker. I have not seen anywhere that that was ever offered. The tools are all serial numbered and have the police crest on them. I will try to post a picture soon
Thanks for any help
Dave
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:32:52 PM by Dmichels »

Offline Dmichels

• New User
Re: Multimaster Tool Variant
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 05:20:19 PM
picture
Multi.jpg
* Multi.jpg (Filesize: 302.7 KB)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:35:16 PM by Dmichels »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Utica Multimaster Tool Variant
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:09:56 PM
Welcome! Until now, I thought I had the only one. Utica was very vague with me; and just said "overseas contractor" when I emailed them.   I bought a lot of factory second Multimasters blindly, and this was among what I got.  I can tell you that it is not a standard catalog item, and to my knowledge, I have yet to see another model with that Tanto-style blade. Obviously, the tooling was just for this edition. There is a blunt nose/drop point blade that has a strap cutter, but again, I haven't seen it widely sold.

Here is the one I have. I got the standard Kutmaster bit set with mine, which did not include a glass breaker--just two Phillips bits (#1 and 2) two flat, and the 1/4 socket adapter; as well as the "Mountain Quest" sheath

Could I see a photo of the other side of the tool? Mine had a coat of arms-looking emblem, which was blurry, and soo poorly printed, it wore off with just soap, water, and a toothbrush. It was already half worn-off when I got the (new) tool.  Traces of a serial number existed as well. I suspect this one got rejected because the printing process was not set up right.  I am hoping a more clear emblem may be able to bring something up as to the agency which issued it when I do a Search by Image in my search engine.

If any of those are for sale, I'll take one. I want a complete set for my military and police collection.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:35:52 PM by cody6268 »

Offline Dmichels

• New User
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:39:08 PM
They were made for the Malaysian Police that is what the crest is. It appears they were never issued I did not get any sheaths for them. I will have them for sale in the near future just trying to learn a little about them
multi22.jpg
* multi22.jpg (Filesize: 279.61 KB)

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:59 AM
I don’t know anything about them but I would definitely be interested in one when they go up for sale. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%