Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

RANT: The 'F' word....

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: RANT: The 'F' word....
Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 10:05:12 AM
Very well put Aloha  :iagree:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #31 on: November 18, 2018, 12:23:44 PM
Let me try a different angle. 

What makes MTO one of the best sites on the net is, self edit.  Its not that topics or post dont get heated or people dont get themselves worked up, its that we tend to edit ourselves for the most part.  If you or anyone begins to post something that even for a nano second makes you think  :think: hmm should I post that? Don't.  What makes MTO work is acknowledging its not worth the fuss nor coming off as an arse.  Yes there are post that do spark lively conversation and even leaves folks upset.  We've had members who admittedly had to take a break.  We've had members leave altogether.  We've even had a few banned.

Its a bummer this happens but theres not going to be a perfect mingling of so many people from all over.  We tend to self edit which by and large makes this place run smoother than most places.  It also about respect.  We are all here to chill, learn, share, have a laugh, show off, camaraderie, hide in the back ground and lurk, participate in the GAWs, and for a whole lot of other reasons.  The one thing I am certain of,  we are not here to take a piss on each other.  To wave our countries flags and tell others how amazing we have it and how smurfty they do.  We represent a wide range of,  well, everything.  We've got Doctors, Lawyers, those not working, blue collar, tech, scientists, laborers, speSmurfpillst,  military, students, teachers, LEO, retirees, and pretty much everything in between.  Its what makes the place so amazing.  There seems to be ZERO ego that I've detected in my years here.       

If I have learned anything from my time here its, we are more alike than different.  Its why this place is what it is.  This community, these people, are what makes this place so special.  Sure we came for the tools and such but for many its become a home away from home.  A neutral zone in this crazy world. 

So if anyone wants to post anything then by all means go ahead but I urge you to self edit in our little cove.  Its not just so we don't get our feather ruffled, its respect.  In the end its Grants house and while he doesn't have many rules we respect the ones he does have.  More importantly we respect the brotherhood and sisterhood we have chosen to share in.  I say again,  self edit if for a nano second you think it may offend or stir up unneeded nonsense. 

I hope you stick around grandpa.   

This is good stuff and thoughtful :hatsoff:

And yes stick around grandpa, the folk here are the nicest I've never met :salute:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 21, 2018, 08:11:13 AM
What...

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: November 21, 2018, 08:11:33 AM
The H3LL

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: November 21, 2018, 08:12:07 AM
Has been going ON around here while I was gone?

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: November 21, 2018, 08:14:53 AM
I'm feeling kinda like Merry & Pippin returning to (what once was) the Shire only to find it...well...wait-what?

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: November 21, 2018, 08:17:14 AM
I think the Mexican bartender in Three Amigos said it best..."this town's gettin' too rough for me!"

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: November 21, 2018, 08:34:31 AM
Gramps, I don't mean to be a turd, but I'm gonna put it to you a little more directly, with no disrespect. But directly:

My dad taught me to shoot when I was 3 years old. Yes. Three years old. I'm almost 50 now, so maybe it takes someone with some background like this to be the one to say this to you but,

If I ever, ever and I mean ever, came across someone acting at a range the way you have unhinged and ranted here, either you would never return to that range, or I wouldnt. By that i mean i would speak to the owner and demand you be stripped of membership or i would give up mine. I certainly wouldn't take any firearms training from anyone who I'd seen unhinged like that, so please - from one gun owner to another -  knock it off.

We are all friends here - and yes that includes you. I think you see that by many of the respectful replies to you. Here's another one:

Can you just kick it down a notch? Not everyone here wants to talk about firearms. Not everyone here wants to talk politics. Even fewer want to talk about both at the same time, that's all. I hope you can see that and just appreciate the things people are here to help each other about.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 09:04:07 AM
I think that this thread has run its course.  Move along, folks. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%