Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modding a LM?

prime77 · 32 · 10723

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Modding a LM?
Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 03:59:42 AM
It appears that Kodiak ran into some of those same interference issues here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=738.new
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline supratentorial

Re: Modding a LM?
Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 08:47:40 PM
I wasn't willing to grind down the pliers or the other tools.  It turns out that putting a scissor into a Charge XTi also won't be a simple modification since both the scissors and the large bit driver are designed to fit on the same side of the handle (applies to both handles).

I ended up settling on the Charge XTi for a couple of reasons
(1) Leatherman designed their bit kits so that the double ended bits are slotted/slotted and Phillips/Phillips instead of slotted/Phillips.  This design makes two bit drivers more practical than one.
(2) I seldom carry the bit set with me, leaving me with only the bit that is currently residing in the Ti.  With the Charge XTi, there are always two bits residing in the tool.  This gives me more options.

The downside...I don't like the crimper taking up so much of the pliers jaws on the XTi.  I'm not planning any modifications in the immediate future but I could try to replace the pliers on the XTi with the pliers from the Kick. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:55:01 PM by supratentorial »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD