Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Has anyone used towtabs before?

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Has anyone used towtabs before?
on: December 05, 2008, 03:45:23 AM
I was at the supermarket today when I noticed something interesting.  The package resembles a roll of breath mints/candy and inside, there are 10 thick tablets resembling antacid or denture-cleaning tablets. (NOTE: I don't wear dentures.)  Apparently, when you add a tiny bit of water to them, they automatically transform in durable, full-size washcloths/towels. 

Never seen these before so I picked up a pack for only $1.50.  I'm sure they would be great for camping or backpack EDC.  Has anyone used these before?  I haven't used them yet but I'm dying to throw water on them and watch them grow like Gremlins. 

I must not mistake these for candy...  :oops:

Here's the product website:
www.towtabs.com
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Re: Has anyone used towtabs before?
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:09:49 AM
yep I know exactly what you are talking about. i have a couple bags of these in my hunting bags. These things really work and take up very minimal space.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:53:37 PM
Those are really funny! Hardly full-size, but funny. They could be handy to have around. How do you get it back as small as they are? Or just trow them away after use?

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:36:00 PM
Those are really funny! Hardly full-size, but funny. They could be handy to have around. How do you get it back as small as they are? Or just trow them away after use?

They're disposable towels but I guess if you rolled them up really small while it's still wet, it will dry and stay small.  I tried one the other day and it was really neat.  It's like those black snake fireworks that start out as a small tablet, then starts to expand when you light them.  :D
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 10:35:21 PM
Just out of curiosity are towtabs made in Canada?
(

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:13:32 AM
Just out of curiosity are towtabs made in Canada?

Yup.  According to the packaging, it's made in Quebec, Canada.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:47:40 PM
These look great!  I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them in stores.
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD