Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best Mini Maglite-sized flashlight? 393

Full Member Posts: 158
Best Mini Maglite-sized flashlight?
« on: December 10, 2018, 12:51:03 AM »
I apologize if this topic has already been covered, but I'm looking for the best reasonably-priced (less than $75, say) Mini Maglite-sized light? I have a few of those sheaths (like the Pock-Its XL) that are sized just right for that light, and I like the sheaths too much to give them up. Anyone make a quality, modern LED light in that size?
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 59,463
Re: Best Mini Maglite-sized flashlight?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:02:23 AM »
Why not go with the LED version of the MiniMag :cheers: They are pretty bright, good priced and definitely fit the sheath  :tu:
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 59,463
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 02:03:59 AM »
Or you can convert your light (if you still have a regular MiniMag) with the Nite eze led conversion drop in :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,548 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
 :iagree: with. Poncho.

I carried a Mini Mag 2xAA LED model(which costs $20-$30) for a while and the 277Lm is about as good as it gets in the size range for the money. I downsized to a 2xAAA sometime back(111Lm), but still have the LED MiniMag.

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
No Life Club Posts: 1,420
Best Mini Maglite-sized flashlight?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »
The only one that I own that will slide into a Mini-Mag Holster is the Eagletac D25A2 Mini which is a pretty sweet light for sure!
This one is not a clicky switch version like most in the D25 series and I am not sure if the Clicky version of this is the same diameter although my D25A Clicky single cell is.

This light does not have a larger diameter head like the Mag but does have a screw attached clip which should keep it from sliding through the holster if that will be an issue with an opened bottom holster tube?

The Drop-Ins for the Mag will also obviously work too as already mentioned but in my experience these are not the equal really of a more modern well designed light like the ET either.

http://www.eagletac.com/html/d25a2m/index.html
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:57:27 PM by ezdog »
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,548 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $41.00
PayPal Fees: $3.08
Net Balance: $37.92