Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox scissors in Leatherman Style PS - has it been done?

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
I thought I'd seen it on here, but can't find it.

Has anyone put 58mm Victorinox scissors into a LM style?
Maybe I saw it for a Squirt  :dunno:

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
I know we have talked about it bot don't know if it's been done

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
There isn't enough around the pivot section. Some piece that is built up around the pivot but is retained by the pin/screw would be needed.
Or, could it be built up with JB weld or some type of metal epoxy that can then be shaped correctly, would this be strong enough?

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
There isn't enough around the pivot section. Some piece that is built up around the pivot but is retained by the pin/screw would be needed.
Or, could it be built up with JB weld or some type of metal epoxy that can then be shaped correctly, would this be strong enough?

Yep,

Also, of all the Leatherman tools I'm actually relatively happy with the PS/PS4 scissors. It isn't as good as a 58, but still far better than nearly all other Leatherman offerings (exceptions are the Surge and Style CS after sharpening).

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Yep,

Also, of all the Leatherman tools I'm actually relatively happy with the PS/PS4 scissors. It isn't as good as a 58, but still far better than nearly all other Leatherman offerings (exceptions are the Surge and Style CS after sharpening).

I'm glad you're happy with them. To me, though usable, they are far less refined than the Victorinox versions. I'd probably even rather use 91mm scissors over the Squirt/Style scissors. I think they're just thicker in certain dimensions that make them feel clunky. I may just try and grind away some of the corners and see if that improves the feel.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
I'm glad you're happy with them. To me, though usable, they are far less refined than the Victorinox versions. I'd probably even rather use 91mm scissors over the Squirt/Style scissors. I think they're just thicker in certain dimensions that make them feel clunky. I may just try and grind away some of the corners and see if that improves the feel.

for me its about what they can do...as far as function as concerned...they cut Cordage well (not as good as 58mm though), does all of the hygine tasks equally as well AND BETTER than any 91mm vic, about equal with the 58. It cuts fabric but only slightly worse than the 58. The 91 is an amazing scissor, and it FEELS amazing, but every day for me...the most important functions of a scissor are related to hygiene, and cutting fibrous material. the 58 and squirt/style scissors do a much better job than their larger counterparts when it comes to hygiene. There are very very few tasks that the 91 can do that the 58 can't and there are many more the 58 does better. My opinion.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%