Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Tool Box/Bag Thread

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: The Tool Box/Bag Thread
Reply #90 on: March 02, 2019, 03:07:09 AM
Cool! :like:

I remember seeing those in stores but somehow resisted?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #91 on: March 02, 2019, 03:09:06 AM
Or my dual workstation, open it one way and it’s set for paracord, or, spin it around and it’s set for leather, again sorry for old crappy pics, that last ones where I got the idea..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: March 02, 2019, 03:10:53 AM
Nice little setup, I bought something similar a long while back but it had folding legs.
JR
I think I have maybe half a dozen of the full sized versions that fold up and there are a few different styles of those too.
They are crazy sturdy as a portable workbench or just the base of a larger one and the clamping action is also insanely strong in my experience.
I actually also have one smaller than that box where it is just the top part by itself and that can really come in handy too.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: March 02, 2019, 03:11:53 AM
Or my dual workstation, open it one way and it’s set for paracord, or, spin it around and it’s set for leather, again sorry for old crappy pics, that last ones where I got the idea..
JR

Now we are talking! :climber: :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #94 on: March 02, 2019, 03:15:00 AM
Cool! :like:

I remember seeing those in stores but somehow resisted?
Same, I used to work for Lowe’s and somehow didn’t buy one! But a few years ago I really needed something and spotted this one online, someone was selling it and I was like I’m in a whole other state and can’t pick it up, so they were like the price doesn’t include shipping, but I’ll ship it if your willing to pay for the price, and well, I did.. I posted it back in the day,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #95 on: March 02, 2019, 03:20:45 AM
I think I have maybe half a dozen of the full sized versions that fold up and there are a few different styles of those too.
They are crazy sturdy as a portable workbench or just the base of a larger one and the clamping action is also insanely strong in my experience.
I actually also have one smaller than that box where it is just the top part by itself and that can really come in handy too.
The one problem working for Lowe’s is you get a discount, :whistle:
I must have spent a good 3k, but if I payed full price would have been over 25k,
JR

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: March 02, 2019, 07:29:20 AM
I think I will try to light a fire under this thread again if I can!

So Today I had to repair several Mic cables and since I already had the Soldering Box out I figure I might as well stick it on here too!

This is a Workmate Tool Box which is an actual Workmate lid that does Workmate things and hinges over a box with a try. Pretty Handy really.
I keep a Temperature Controlled Soldering station in it as well as a Dremel adjustable vice with dual Alligater Clip Hands attached to it,crazy huh?!?!

So I can put this thing on a floor or table or desk or any handy surface and make an all day soldering party if I need to and I do need to fairly often.
The Vice contraption has a 1x2 on the bottom so it can't move on the box top and I have the Dogs for the Workmate in there too in case I need to clamp anything else down and perform surgery on it.

I Loves me some Workmate!

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I like that EZ,
I can see you've really put a lot of thought in to that whole box/system  :salute:

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: March 02, 2019, 08:17:25 AM
Those toolbox / workstations are super cool! ...I have never seen those before, I might look into getting one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: March 02, 2019, 04:22:05 PM
I like that EZ,
I can see you've really put a lot of thought in to that whole box/system  :salute:

:cheers:

Thanks!

Necessity is the Mother of Invention as they say!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
The Tool Box/Bag Thread
Reply #99 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:32 AM
So this one is called Mr.Parts!
And he has been in the Family for a long time too.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #100 on: March 09, 2019, 02:12:29 AM
Ohh, that’s nice!
JR

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: March 09, 2019, 02:39:29 AM
Ohh, that’s nice!
JR

Thanks I like it!

I am a little surprised that it still lives too.
I have had it maybe 35 years and it is plastic but they just do not make much like they used to so theres that!
I can not get enough parts organization and man do I try all the time.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #102 on: March 09, 2019, 03:08:36 AM
So true, they don’t make anything like the used to, except food, especially Italian!
JR

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #103 on: March 09, 2019, 03:32:14 AM
Another nice box!  :cheers:  :like:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #104 on: March 09, 2019, 07:17:58 AM
 :iagree: :iagree:

:D :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: March 09, 2019, 08:13:12 AM
So this one is called Mr.Parts!
And he has been in the Family for a long time too.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

That has to be the coolest assortment box I have ever seen

Kind regards,

MMR

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #106 on: March 22, 2019, 12:07:56 AM
This is the Kobalt 3 drawer I originally bought for part of my collection, but I moved the collection into a cabinet.  Now it's used as intended. Tool marks on the lid were from when I locked it with a cheap lock, the key broke in the lock, and I had to cut it off.  I'm still consolidating stuff from various places, and removing heavily worn and damaged tools.

Lid. Hammers (Vaughan 20 oz. framing hammer, unknown ball peen, Pittsburgh 2 lb. dead blow, and a couple others), Vaughan pry bar, and a ton of assorted files and other stuff (and yes, those scissors are kids' school scissors, I've had them since I was 8, soon to be replaced by trauma shears). Mora is the wood chisel.

First drawer. Handmedown S&K Metric 1/4 drive sets, precision screwdrivers (in metal box next to the S&K set Allen (actually made by them) keys, and assorted cheap screwdrivers. I'll soon add the 3/8 drive Craftsman set I built to it and get rid of most of the cheap bit drivers that fill the space.  As well, I will put the 1/4 SAE set with the metric one. I use that set a lot for hobbies, and it stays upstairs.

Second drawer. Again, mostly filler.Right now is a Williams 10" adjustable wrench, Padhacksaw (old British made tool, it's got a spring that allows it to reciprocate, but it's dangerous if you're not paying attention--it will pinch you bad!) assorted small pry tools, electrical tape, and a pipe wrench.   The Williams wrench was something the power company lost and didn't claim while working on the lines near the house. They're the ones that painted it yellow, according to my granddad.

Third drawer is a ton of pliers. For sure, that's staying as-is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #107 on: March 23, 2019, 01:48:29 PM
Great organization,  cody  :tu: I need to go through some of my stuff in the garage one of these days and attempt to organize better :facepalm: I have some of it fair but like my father it is scattered everywhere when I use it :ahhh then I don't always put it back very well ::) :oops:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
The Tool Box/Bag Thread
Reply #108 on: March 28, 2019, 01:30:29 AM
Here are a couple more that I pulled from the spares shelf just waiting to be loaded up and thrashed around some more!

This is a classic Bell System Box and I have reconstructed it already a few times as the plastic cracks and the corners fall apart usually. They still make a box that looks like these but as usual they are really not as nice as even this almost worn out specimen either?

Before 9/11 I used tho carry this on the plane too but that ship has long since sailed for good.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
The Tool Box/Bag Thread
Reply #109 on: March 28, 2019, 01:34:04 AM
This one is an older Pelican Case that has been modded for EMS use and is perfect for Technician use too.

I stuff this one once and a while still and it travels pretty well as do all Pelican Cases that I have used.
All Pelican Cases can be the perfect platform for a tool box I think.

I used to carry this on a plane as well.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #110 on: March 28, 2019, 01:43:26 AM
Those are some very awesome boxes, ez :o :like:

de Offline Energie

Reply #111 on: April 20, 2019, 10:00:48 PM
Small tool box in my desk

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

gb Offline MrMckay

Reply #114 on: April 21, 2019, 09:33:43 PM
I want to try pbswiss bet you can get a lot done with that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

us Offline cody6268

Reply #115 on: April 23, 2019, 12:35:13 AM
The tool bag I keep in my room to handle most smaller tasks. There's some cheap low-end junk in here, but it will be replaced soon.  I bought the bag for $5 in the cheap tool bin at the local Advance Auto Parts. So far, it's held up pretty darned well. My name's written on the outside, and for many of the tools inside, my great-grandfather or my grandfather's name is stamped or engraved in some form on them. The rest I can easily recognize based on damage, paint spatter, etc. I've said to myself--if I see any of these tools on some flea market dealer's counter, I'm picking up the biggest one and warping that individual a new one with it.

Outside L: unmarked electrician's scissors (sold as old-stock Clauss USA), Kobalt long nose electronics pliers (indispensable in tight places) , Channellock E-318 electrician's pliers (some of my favorite general purpose pliers), Proto 226G needlenose side cutting pliers (electrical tape covers up chunk melted out of handle), Kobalt Side Cutters (will eventually be replaced by Knipex, but at least with these cheap ones, it's harder to get ticked if someone messes them up).

Outside R.

Kobalt Linesman's (I have a good Proto pair used with fence work, but the Kobalt are what I loan out), Chapman 1316 "All Purpose" set (needs some bits replaced; and the case is worn out, thus the electrical tape where it folds in half), and an Antonini (Italian made) Cable Master knife.

Inside. Didn't take anything out as it is stuffed and tough to put back. Inside is a Plierrench, Belknap claw hammer, Craftsman soft face hammer, 6" Crescent  Tool USA  Crescent Wrench;  Craftsman USA 1/4 bit driver, tire gauge, Allen key set (Eklind),  Petersen 6LN Vise Grips, several screwdrivers and few other pliers (and some other stuff)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #116 on: April 23, 2019, 01:08:32 AM
Nice setup, nice scissors, I got the same pair laying around somewhere?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 01:09:46 AM
Kinda funny but when I first saw the bag I thought it was a bowling bag :whistle:
JR

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 11:14:01 PM
Neat idea for thread. 

I have several boxes, yet was able to access three just now for pictures.

A Kennedy machinists chest -
Presently used for bike cycle restoration and top side gathers what ever falls onto it until I get back to biking.

A Red Craftsman, (road in my work truck till I retired)sitting on a old Kennedy traditional. 

Under my work table is a Traditional Grey Craftsman, a wood square hip style box used for tube TV service. A Black attaché style tool grip.

At my Mom’s is my Dad’s Kennedy Hip box he used for his paint brushes after I modified the drawers. (At least 45 yrs old). When in college I worked for a SK, Proto, (tools), Kennedy box distributor. Plus Kennedy Mfg factory outlet store was down the road from me in Ohio. 

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #119 on: April 24, 2019, 12:50:37 AM
Nice boxes LC,
I had two craftsman boxes just like that one, just one had three draws and the other had four,

I should go look in the garage, there was a simple box that had some sockets from when we bought the house, idk if it’s any good or what name?
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%