Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

108 mm Badge request

fr Offline Ptisuisse

Re: 108 mm Badge request
Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 12:16:22 PM
Patience  ;)    the badge is in the process of being made. When Whoey gets it done you will be the first to know  :pok:
Thank you very much for your trouble, on behalf of all of us who wait for that coveted award    :drool:
Mehreregaks.jpg
* Mehreregaks.jpg (Filesize: 83.91 KB)
Montblancs are black, swiss army knives are red.

fr Offline Ptisuisse

Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 01:35:38 PM
I have never seen a Herbertz GAK before.  I know Robert Klaas/Kissing Crane did as well (they also offered the fixed blade GAK utility knife), and it was even sold here in a box, but I have never seen one offered for sale.  I guess, in part because they don't have a name on the tang stamp, just the pair of kissing cranes as typical.  Some KCs don't even have a tang stamp.
Well, it is not quite a GAK, because it does not have the german crest on the scale. More like a civilian version. Actually, there were two versions (see the blade tangs), and I own one of them.
But now, take a look at the original Victorinox introductory offer from 1978 : the crest is oval shape, not rectangular like on the Troopers. Puzzling.
GAK Herbertz.jpg
* GAK Herbertz.jpg (Filesize: 358.19 KB)
Herbertz.jpg
* Herbertz.jpg (Filesize: 74.22 KB)
Cartouche ovale.jpg
* Cartouche ovale.jpg (Filesize: 133.76 KB)

fr Offline Ptisuisse

Reply #32 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:22 PM
I have never seen a Herbertz GAK before.  I know Robert Klaas/Kissing Crane did as well (they also offered the fixed blade GAK utility knife), and it was even sold here in a box, but I have never seen one offered for sale.  I guess, in part because they don't have a name on the tang stamp, just the pair of kissing cranes as typical.  Some KCs don't even have a tang stamp.
C.J.Herbertz did make GAK lookalikes, but without the German Army crest. (Got one from Ebay.de).
With at least three different styles of stamping on the blade, which would suggest a fairly long production run. Indeed the knife I own does not have any crest. It looks a lot like the Trooper on the old 1978 Victorinox poster below.
GAK Herbertz.jpg
* GAK Herbertz.jpg (Filesize: 358.19 KB)
Herbertz.jpg
* Herbertz.jpg (Filesize: 74.22 KB)
Cartouche ovale.jpg
* Cartouche ovale.jpg (Filesize: 133.76 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%