Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Am I missing something?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Am I missing something?
on: February 27, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
I just watched this video of a kayaker being set on fire so that he could go over a waterfall and extinguish the flames when he landed at the bottom.

https://paddling.com/learn/kayaker-drops-50ft-waterfall-on-fire/?utm_source=paddling.com+subscriber+list&utm_campaign=9519f4b606-PaddleNews_02-27-19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f2ead8a079-9519f4b606-212708641&mc_cid=9519f4b606&mc_eid=0822281c27

This seems to me to be one of the most remarkably pointless stunts I have seen in a while, and it seems like another pointless stunt comes along every day.  This seems more like something they would have done on Jackass than actually having any actual merit to it- and I have two GoPros and four kayaks, so I feel like I should have been the target audience for it?

Maybe I am missing something, or maybe this is just as remarkably stupid and unamusing as I think?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Am I missing something?
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 04:33:30 PM
I just watched this video of a kayaker being set on fire so that he could go over a waterfall and extinguish the flames when he landed at the bottom.

https://paddling.com/learn/kayaker-drops-50ft-waterfall-on-fire/?utm_source=paddling.com+subscriber+list&utm_campaign=9519f4b606-PaddleNews_02-27-19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f2ead8a079-9519f4b606-212708641&mc_cid=9519f4b606&mc_eid=0822281c27

This seems to me to be one of the most remarkably pointless stunts I have seen in a while, and it seems like another pointless stunt comes along every day.  This seems more like something they would have done on Jackass than actually having any actual merit to it- and I have two GoPros and four kayaks, so I feel like I should have been the target audience for it?

Maybe I am missing something, or maybe this is just as remarkably stupid and unamusing as I think?

Def

Yup, it is!

:facepalm:

That being said...

Show content

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 04:35:08 PM
You are not missing anything Grant. The folks you are watching are missing a brain though. :facepalm:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:49:55 PM
Pretty lame, doesn't even look like a 50ft drop to me more like 35-40ft   :facepalm:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 08:12:23 PM
I posted this in a kayak group on FB.

Someone else said the guy must have a small smurf to want attention this bad, the group admin called me an attention whore, shut off comments and refused to delete the post because it "served as a good example of things they don't tolerate."

In an exchange of PM's with the admin I was told that "it was a smurf post and it got smurf responses" and I responded with "yeah, and smurf admin- can't forget that part."

I invited the Admin here to see how moderation should be done. 

So, I would like to thank each and every moderator we have here once again for not being a complete and utter smurf- this exchange amused me (and if I'm honest, I kind of milked it a little for the fun of it) but it reminded me once again how great out mod staff is here.

Give yourselves a hand guys- you all deserve it for the amazing job you do and the fair way you go about doing it!   :tu:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 08:24:18 PM
Let the problem "fix" itself... ;)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 08:26:56 PM
Ocean of Storms.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 08:46:23 PM

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 11:55:38 PM
I posted this in a kayak group on FB.

Someone else said the guy must have a small smurf to want attention this bad, the group admin called me an attention whore, shut off comments and refused to delete the post because it "served as a good example of things they don't tolerate."

In an exchange of PM's with the admin I was told that "it was a smurf post and it got smurf responses" and I responded with "yeah, and smurf admin- can't forget that part."

I invited the Admin here to see how moderation should be done. 

So, I would like to thank each and every moderator we have here once again for not being a complete and utter smurf- this exchange amused me (and if I'm honest, I kind of milked it a little for the fun of it) but it reminded me once again how great out mod staff is here.

Give yourselves a hand guys- you all deserve it for the amazing job you do and the fair way you go about doing it!   :tu:

Def

:rant: :rant: :rant:

via Imgflip Meme Generator

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hatsoff:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 12:06:23 AM
 :rofl:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:33 AM
He got you to watch....  :pok:

us Offline KBM3

Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 03:44:12 AM
Ever since I tried the Tide pod challenge, my wife won't let me watch YouTube. But my teeth have never been whiter!!!

Ken

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 01:26:41 AM
This was a GOPRO MEDIA stunt, not some fool being stupid, but a team of media pros and stunt pros capturing the stunt, along with test burn sequences.
To me the stunt of shooting off the cliff at 40’ plus and landing intact in the pool was good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 03:16:04 AM

I think he read the instructions wrong. :think:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 07:53:47 AM
Let the problem "fix" itself... ;)

Yep, somewhere along the line the "Darwin principle" will hopefully kick in and take care of idiots who do dangerous stuff like that. 

I get annoyed with the ones doing it in Oz because besides tying up valuable emergency & medical/hospital staff from looking after less stupid people it also costs me money (here the tax-payer pays for a lot of the cost of sorting things out and cleaning up the mess when it all goes pear-shaped)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%