Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alox scales with slots for tweezers and tooth pick.

Offline earthman

Alox scales with slots for tweezers and tooth pick.
on: March 29, 2019, 11:05:37 PM
I wonder if Victorinox will ever design an alox scale to take those items? Surely they are missing a trick here, I'd certainly be willing to pay a bit more for the thicker material and milling involved to make that happen. Anyone else feel the same way?

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: Alox scales with slots for tweezers and tooth pick.
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 11:10:53 PM
 :iagree: I always thought that as well  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:22:36 PM
I wonder if Victorinox will ever design an alox scale to take those items? Surely they are missing a trick here, I'd certainly be willing to pay a bit more for the thicker material and milling involved to make that happen. Anyone else feel the same way?

Welcome to the forum earthman! :cheers:

I would like it. :D

Offline earthman

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:34:15 PM
Anyone have any 'contacts' within Vic HQ, maybe they could put this suggestion forward?

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 12:13:44 AM
Welcome, earthman!  8)

If you mean 84mm and 93mm, I'm happy to go without, and I doubt it could be done easily anyway. The scales would have to be much thicker, since they're also the outside liners. In fact, I think it would only work if there were regular outside liners with the alox scales attached. The knife would also be harder to clean.

Personally, I like the alox range for their simple, unfussy, and durable elegance. A cellidor 58mm on your keyring will include the T&T in addition to a bunch of other useful tools.
Rambler

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 03:56:37 AM
I always thought that would be nice to have those 2 items in the scales, since i use them very often.
Then  i realized i can just carry them in my wallet without issue, and that works fine for me. Keep them Alox coming  :gimme: :D

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 04:03:56 AM
I doubt they would ever, but I'd like it and pay the price of slightly added thickness for it if they do.

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 04:25:29 AM
Personally, I like the alox range for their simple, unfussy, and durable elegance. A cellidor 58mm on your keyring will include the T&T in addition to a bunch of other useful tools.

:iagree:

The alox models are nice and thin.

I like to pair a Cadet/Pioneer/Farmer and 58mm Rambler/Manager. They go together like peanut butter and jam.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 05:55:24 AM
I would like to have it too. But until that happens I will keep this little sheath

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 06:24:55 AM
To me, and keep in mind I am not an aficionado of SAKs(as my favorite is an Explorer), the added fluff of T&T would detract from the elegance of the Alox look and feel. Kind of like I wouldn't want a high end custom folding knife with a handle slot for strap cutting. A Classic on the keys covers your T&T. That is just this one fool's perspective. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Offline earthman

Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 08:42:51 AM
Interesting to hear others thoughts on this subject.
I happen to own far more plastic scaled ones than alox and wondered why,....the lack of the T&T pin and possible pen were my conclusion.

gr Offline Sakpan74Gr

Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 10:18:54 AM
I always pair my Alox with a Leatherman style ps, so that covers the tweezers. I don't care about the toothpick, which I only use to remove dirt from my SAKs.

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI VNS-L31 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 01:58:46 PM
I'm glad there's no slot for a toothpick on Alox... If I find a decades old Soldier the last thing I want to think about is all the bacterial crud lurking in the darkest depths of the scales.
If SAKs were held together with torx screws it would be less of an issue but as these things are pinned together, all the crap that gets stuck in the crevices tends to stay there for eternity.
I'm also glad there's no slot for tweezers cos the only thing I do with those is lose them.

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 03:12:41 PM
I just carry Uncle Bill’s sliver grippers on my keys. They’re cheap and work much better for me anyway. I also carry one of the toothpicks in my wallet along with a tiny sewing kit. BTW my wallet is a Bellroy All Conditions zip style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD