Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

HF Apache Cases

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
HF Apache Cases
on: April 06, 2019, 02:22:19 AM
I was looking at the HF ad. I found this case on sale for 23 dollars. These are nice Cases I bought one to store my multitools. I liked it so much I went back today and bought another smaller one for 9 dollars to carry knives and multitools on road trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: HF Apache Cases
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 04:15:37 PM
that's an awesome way to store the tools,
and for that price...what a great find!!!  :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 06:49:16 PM
I also purchased two of these cases on sale, maybe not 100% quality as the Pelican cases but very seriously top competitors  :tu: For the cost, they are very well built and durable, made from high end quality material. Sure it's a knockoff, but the quality is every bit as good as the name brand!
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 11:25:59 PM
I have so far NEVER found anything at HF that was worth the price,not once.

This includes free things.

us Offline sjdep97

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 03:02:41 PM
How did you cut all the slots for your tools in the foam? Did a fine job there! :multi:
NRA Life member

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 03:54:20 PM
Very nice.  I've bought a few things from HF&T and been fairly happy.  A couple hose reels for example that have been utterly abused and still work after 9 years. Some files and other random things. 

These cases are a great way to store MT and Knives.  I haven't been to HF&T in a while tho. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 04:48:38 PM
How did you cut all the slots for your tools in the foam? Did a fine job there! :multi:
Looks like the pick/pluck foam already cut partly and you just pull out the part in your way.

Sent from my iPhone,dont expect too much

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 05:39:05 PM
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 03:29:31 AM
I'm happy with the cases so far they are not the real deal but for the price and for what I'm doing with them they will be more than strong enough. As for Harbor Freight, they are hit and miss. If you are a weekender and do small jobs around the house there tools will serve you well. I had my flooring tools stolen out of my truck I bought a of stuff from HF to get started again one the tools I bought was a HF knock off Taylor knee kicker for 30.00 dollars It wasn't bad it lasted five years at the time I did not have 120.00 for a real one. I like there folding utility knives better than most you will find in hardware stores. I have a drill press bought I  bought 20 years ago still going strong. We have a family HF cherry picker I can't tell how engines we have put in with it. My son in law is a Chevy Tech he bought a set of HF 1/2 inch impact sockets 15 years ago hasn't broken one yet.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 04:01:45 AM
I'm happy with the cases so far they are not the real deal but for the price and for what I'm doing with them they will be more than strong enough. As for Harbor Freight, they are hit and miss. If you are a weekender and do small jobs around the house there tools will serve you well. I had my flooring tools stolen out of my truck I bought a of stuff from HF to get started again one the tools I bought was a HF knock off Taylor knee kicker for 30.00 dollars It wasn't bad it lasted five years at the time I did not have 120.00 for a real one. I like there folding utility knives better than most you will find in hardware stores. I have a drill press bought I  bought 20 years ago still going strong. We have a family HF cherry picker I can't tell how engines we have put in with it. My son in law is a Chevy Tech he bought a set of HF 1/2 inch impact sockets 15 years ago hasn't broken one yet.

:iagree:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 01:02:19 PM
I bought a shovel from HF and it broke.

I do not mean that the Handle broke either. :dunno:
6 more of them broke before I gave up and swore off HF for the last time.

How do you make a bad shovel? :think:

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 05:15:56 AM
I have bought a lot of useful stuff at HF I have also bought stuff not so good. I had a breaker bar break the first time I used it. I took it back and got my money back. There were other things I bought that did not work out I just can't remember what. I have had mostly positive experiences with there stuff. 

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD