Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Teaching young people what to do when the police pull them over

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
I don't blame our police for being cautious when they make traffic stops, especially initially.  Too many officers have died preventable deaths because they unwittingly pulled over violent criminals for what would have been minor traffic violations, and were killed because they were unprepared for the surprise attack when it came.

:iagree: :like:
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
I dont disagree with you, Nate, but the truth is, more officers are killed during traffic stops as a result of being hit  by a car or truck, than are killed being shot.

Having said that, the officers should very well be careful that the driver or a passenger is a violent criminal, for sure.

There is a difference between being careful and being militant.

I personally believe that nobody under 40 years of age, who hasn't also worked in a completely different line of work for 10 years, should be an officer...the 21 year old just has no "life experience" to bring to bear to the job. And it is far less about brute strength and speed these days as it is about the law, thought process, and procedures.  Even a "chase" situation can be handled with radio communication and enough cooperating officers up ahead on the highway.

Just a thought. I'm not married to the idea, but it is something I've been kicking around. To have them work smarter, not harder

Offline RR1551

Honesty and a good attitude goes a long way. I always do my best to reward both -- situation permitting, of course. Honesty, a good attitude = traffic stop over (hey, just fix this stuff asap).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Leave your sunglasses on...... :facepalm:

Our country is full of roadblocks, mostly to delay and irritate tax payers because the criminals, poachers and un-roadworthy cars slips right through.

I've learned to chill and do the whole african "good day" "how are you" "bla bla weather this & that bla bla" without looking too irritated.

Over here anybody pulling you over or stopping you at a roadblock is likely to be barely educated and most likely not really capable of doing the job, don't give them excuses.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
What to do? That's easy...

8) 8)

Show content

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
What to do? That's easy...

8) 8)

Show content

:D :D
Speak for yourself.  :facepalm:
I prefer to fly.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!