Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Legal to carry multitool/knife in Bangalore, India?

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
If everything goes right, I'll be going to Bangalore, India for a couple of months in July. I haven't seen anyone from India in the forum but maybe somebody has some information/experience: Can I legally carry e.g. a LM Wave or an Victorinox Pioneer? I wouldn't want my beloved tools be confiscated by the police :(

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Legal to carry multitool/knife in Bangalore, India?
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 01:34:34 PM
Not a lawyer by trade, and internet might be the last place to sort for this kinda advice.  Take it with a grain of salt, a very quick search and googlefu do seems local law permits carrying a knife so as long it is within a certain dimension. 

However, just from personal experience, whenever I travel to a new location, even knowing it is perfectly legal to carry knives/tools, I will always pocket/bag carry it to avoid unnecessary attention/suspension.  The whole point of having one around is for convenience, but not to attract inconvenience or headaches/heartaches over it.   

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 01:36:46 PM
Not a lawyer by trade, and internet might be the last place to sort for this kinda advice.  Take it with a grain of salt, a very quick search and googlefu do seems local law permits carrying a knife so as long it is within a certain dimension. 

However, just from personal experience, whenever I travel to a new location, even knowing it is perfectly legal to carry knives/tools, I will always pocket/bag carry it to avoid unnecessary attention/suspension.  The whole point of having one around is for convenience, but not to attract inconvenience or headaches/heartaches over it.   

Fair enough...  :tu:
How's the situation in HK, by the way?

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:47:22 PM
Which situation?!  :think:

Right now my Mountaineer is still fighting my Super tool so to speak...wondering do I have to solely carry a Super for the upcoming 30 days challenge.  :popcorn:

20190508_115053resize.jpg
* 20190508_115053resize.jpg (Filesize: 134.44 KB)

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:48:17 PM
Which situation?!  :think:

Right now my Mountaineer is still fighting my Super tool so to speak...wondering do I have to solely carry a Super for the upcoming 30 days challenge.  :popcorn:
[/quote]

:)
I mean, can you carry multitools or knives there? Is this legally okay?

A supertool's too bulky for my taste to carry around BUT if there is a challenge, go for it!  :viking:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 06:07:11 PM

:)
I mean, can you carry multitools or knives there? Is this legally okay?
A supertool's too bulky for my taste to carry around BUT if there is a challenge, go for it!  :viking:

HK law mimic the UK knife law, but very loosely re-enforced.  Like any metropolis in the world, display of a (large) blade in public area usually are frown upon and may raise suspicion.  However, so as long there is a just cause or you are just pocket carrying, 99.99% there is no trouble.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 07:55:08 PM

HK law mimic the UK knife law, but very loosely re-enforced.  Like any metropolis in the world, display of a (large) blade in public area usually are frown upon and may raise suspicion.  However, so as long there is a just cause or you are just pocket carrying, 99.99% there is no trouble.

:tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD