Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So, who's it gonna be?

us Offline Kraken

So, who's it gonna be?
on: May 02, 2019, 09:28:17 PM
   I’m curious to see what people carry everyday. Do you have one faithful SAK that you carry through thick and thin? Or do you change it up depending on your mood, the weather or what the day ahead might hold? Perhaps you have certain knives on a particular rotation schedule. Or do you stash them in certain places, like a squirrel, for emergencies or convenience? Or a combination of these options?
   Personally, I carry a Rambler on my key chain and always have my Explorer on me unless I’m headed to places where I can’t carry it, like government buildings, sporting or music venues, etc. I’d rather leave it at home instead of forgetting it’s in my pocket and being forced to donate it. Additionally, I keep a Swisschamp in my truck and another in my wife’s car, in case I run in to something that needs a bigger tool set than the Explorer can provide. I also keep a Swisschamp in my mini tool kit that I take whenever we take a trip somewhere. Finally, I keep a CT-41 in the kitchen drawer that gets a lot of the work around the house for small fixes.
   What about you? Do you carry out of habit, pre-planned or whimsy? 
Semper Fortis

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: So, who's it gonna be?
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 09:31:11 PM
... Do you carry out of habit, pre-planned or whimsy?

All of the above  :D

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:33:55 PM
In the last months I've reduced my EDC to some kind of "minimal" carry. Just a Swisschamp XLT. The Spirit stays at home.

In my daily work as a desk jockey there's everything I need in the XLT.

You have an elaborate setup Kraken!

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 09:37:17 PM
I carried the same black pioneer for 6+ years utility December 25th. My oldest girls got me a new Berry Red Pioneer for Christmas, which led to Ol’Blackie’s retirement. I imagine Berry will be my EDC for many years as well.

I also always have my custom black alox rambler on my keys as well.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Kraken

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 09:49:16 PM

You have an elaborate setup Kraken!

Every since I started to carry a SAK daily starting a few years ago, I like to make sure I have a back up. Like the saying about essential gear, 'Two is one and one is none'. I like to be prepared I guess. :climber:
Semper Fortis

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 09:57:34 PM
Explorer part of my EDC for 15 years. It's the only part that hasn't changed. :)
The only time I didn't have it was during the SwissChamp challenge.  :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Kraken

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 10:07:38 PM
Explorer part of my EDC for 15 years. It's the only part that hasn't changed. :)
The only time I didn't have it was during the SwissChamp challenge.  :ahhh

I have to admit, when I don't have my Explorer on me, I feel like I forgot my child somewhere. It's a moment of panic when I tap my pockets to make sure everything is there before I remember I consciously left it behind.
Semper Fortis

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 10:22:30 PM
I grab a tool combo, then stick with it until I get bored, or circumstances/wardrobe choices/day ahead dictate that something needs to change. I put a CT34 in my pocket a few days ago, and nothing has led me to change yet, so that's what I'm still carrying.

Sometimes I'll carry something for less than a whole day before swapping something, and sometimes I'll go more than a month with the same items.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 10:24:15 PM
It varies from day to day. Put me down for 'whimsy'.

However, I always have a SAK with some scissors with me.  :)

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 10:29:13 PM
It doesn't matter what you carry. It just feels right when you are prepared for those small things which life throws at you.

Like opening a beer bottle when your teeth won't do the job anymore.  :like:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 10:32:30 PM
The only place you might find me without a SwissChamp is the shower ..................Ok Douglas, I did say might. :P

:pok: :pok:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 10:48:12 PM
No "one faithfull" here. To much love to go round.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 10:56:39 PM
Carried my faithful Tinker for many,many years. Sometimes a Deluxe Tinker (belt pouch) when out and about.
Rich
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 11:11:45 PM
I generally stick with the same carry.  For years that was a Compact.  Then the Pioneer X came out, and that's been almost exclusively what I carry.  The exception is when I wear shorts with elastic waist in the summer, then it's a Wenger Pocket Toolchest to save on weight so the pants stay up.
- Steve

us Offline Sos24

Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 12:41:37 AM
The yeoman has been my faithful edc since I got it about a year ago.

Offline dlew919

Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 12:46:45 AM
Each of the cars (three in the household) has a tinker of some kind. My two sets of key rings have the small ones.

If I’m not gigging I carry a compact on my belt. If I’m gigging I carry a deluxe tinker.

I’ve given both my kids SAKs. My son put his in a drawer. My daughter carries hers everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 08:14:15 AM
I have to admit, when I don't have my Explorer on me, I feel like I forgot my child somewhere. It's a moment of panic when I tap my pockets to make sure everything is there before I remember I consciously left it behind.
:like:
I love my large pliers tools, but when I don't need my phillips/flat drivers to weigh 8oz+, the Explorer is amazing. Any inline phillips SAK is awesome, but the Explorer is the best, because reasons...and mag glass.....and the 91mm scissors.....and awl.....and did I mention light weight?....and built well. :D

Sorry bout' the rambling. Discussing the Explorer with SirVic recently has made me realize just how often the Explorer is used and appreciated.

Current EDC. The SilverTech scales, put on after the red scales got broken, sure go well with the lot.

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Kraken

Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 03:40:45 PM
:like:
I love my large pliers tools, but when I don't need my phillips/flat drivers to weigh 8oz+, the Explorer is amazing. Any inline phillips SAK is awesome, but the Explorer is the best, because reasons...and mag glass.....and the 91mm scissors.....and awl.....and did I mention light weight?....and built well. :D

Sorry bout' the rambling. Discussing the Explorer with SirVic recently has made me realize just how often the Explorer is used and appreciated.

Current EDC. The SilverTech scales, put on after the red scales got broken, sure go well with the lot.

No need to apologize; I could talk about SAKs and the Explorer in particular for hours! How do you like the Leatherman Free P4?

It doesn't matter what you carry. It just feels right when you are prepared for those small things which life throws at you.

Like opening a beer bottle when your teeth won't do the job anymore.  :like:

:iagree: What ulzhan said!  :tu:
Semper Fortis

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 06:29:06 PM
I have EDC'd a Swiss Champ since they first came out.  I always have a Swiss Champ, MiniChamp, and Executive on me. Recently I added a Work Champ to my daily carry.

I keep a Rescue Tool and Swiss Champ with SOS kit in my car.

In addition I usually have a Spartan, Super tinker, and Fireman with me also.

I used to be a Victorinox Dealer and I got used to carrying a bunch of SAKs on me so I could show them to potential customers....that is why I have trouble relating to the idea that a certain model is too heavy to carry.....I have gotten so used to carrying a bunch of SAKs over the years....right now I have a Workchamp and Mini Champ vertically in my front right pocket, an Executive in my watch pocket, a Super Tinker vertically next to my wallet in my right rear pocket, a Fireman and Swiss Champ vertically in my left rear pocket, and a Spartan in a pouch on my belt.

In addition to the above I have a Nitecore Tini flashlight, about 3 ft of paracord, flip phone, Fisher Space pen, keys, comb,change, handkerchief,and a pouch with an Eze-Lap "M" diamond rod sharpener, Eze-Lap pocket tapered diamond sharpener, and a  regular pocket sharpening steel on me.

us Offline Kraken

Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 06:39:49 PM
I have EDC'd a Swiss Champ since they first came out.  I always have a Swiss Champ, MiniChamp, and Executive on me. Recently I added a Work Champ to my daily carry.

I used to be a Victorinox Dealer and I got used to carrying a bunch of SAKs on me so I could show them to potential customers....that is why I have trouble relating to the idea that a certain model is too heavy to carry.....I have gotten so used to carrying a bunch of SAKs over the years....right now I have a Workchamp and Mini Champ vertically in my front right pocket, an Executive in my watch pocket, a Super Tinker vertically next to my wallet in my right rear pocket, a Fireman and Swiss Champ vertically in my left rear pocket, and a Spartan in a pouch on my belt.

In addition to the above I have a Nitecore Tini flashlight, about 3 ft of paracord, flip phone, Fisher Space pen, keys, comb,change, handkerchief,and a pouch with an Eze-Lap "M" diamond rod sharpener, Eze-Lap pocket tapered diamond sharpener, and a  regular pocket sharpening steel on me.

:sa: :clap: That, sir , is nothing short of impressive.  :hatsoff:
Semper Fortis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 06:48:47 PM
I think VICMAN has well earned his username-sake.  :o

Nice carry, VICMAN. :like:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 06:53:53 PM

Thanks Kraken! :cheers:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 06:54:33 PM
I think VICMAN has well earned his username-sake.  :o

Nice carry, VICMAN. :like:

Thanks gerleatherberman! :cheers:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 11:41:16 PM

:2tu: :clap:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: May 04, 2019, 04:36:51 AM

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #25 on: May 04, 2019, 04:39:24 AM
:iagree:  :tu:  :hatsoff:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice

za Offline WaynejG

Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 06:06:46 PM
The Rambler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30