Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The current state of my OPT collection

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
The current state of my OPT collection
on: July 16, 2020, 03:19:38 PM

The Brew Pry on the far let gets the most carry on my car keys, but they all see use at some point.
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The current state of my OPT collection
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 01:50:59 AM
I really like the looks of that Brew Pry.  What kind of metal is it made from and who makes it?

[Edit: I found it (again).  How long have you had it, have you had any issues with rusting?]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:57:11 AM by Sazabi »

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 03:44:34 AM
I really like the looks of that Brew Pry.  What kind of metal is it made from and who makes it?

[Edit: I found it (again).  How long have you had it, have you had any issues with rusting?]

I'm guessing you found your answers but for anyone curious it's O1 tool steel.

I've had it for maybe five or six years now and never had a single spot of rust, I've never used a preventative on it either, I guess the finish was enough to protect it. I will say though that I don't really live in a humid environment, we get humid days but it's not like some places in the US can be (like Florida). That said I'd be pretty confident that a spritz of preventative (I prefer EDCi personally) would be enough to ensure it against most conditions.

It's my go to pry bar, looks good and gets the job done well (for context in addition to the ones in the pic, I have a small standalone prybar too).
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 04:49:42 PM
The Brew Pry I think I'll try to find. It looks far superior to my Nite Ize Doohickey. No flimsy clip to break (or fall off), no marginally useful wrenches in limited sizes, and a better bottle opener. Also O1 Tool Steel instead of mystery stainless, meaning tougher. The only time my Chrome Vandanium Pocket Wrench II has rusted was because it was in the rain working.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%