Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New 1/4" Tools

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
New 1/4" Tools
on: December 06, 2019, 09:50:19 PM
Ordered this set on 'Black Friday', and they arrived today!  This set from Felo is awesome.  I purchased-it to specifically handle fasteners on my knives.  But it jells well with my other 1/4" sets.  KC Tools is the online distributor for most of the popular euro-brands.  These were exceptional for $61.00 dollars, and free-shipping.  :o

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: New 1/4" Tools
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 02:06:28 AM
That's a nice looking set!
Barry

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 06:45:00 AM
Thanks, Barry!  Great set, and worth every-pennyt!  :iagree: :tu:
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 05:47:49 PM
Nice looking set.  Odd to see a ratchet and just a single socket.  I assume that's a 1/4 socket to use with the 1/4 bits.   Is the socket a normal socket, or does it have any special features to aid in holding a bit?
- Steve

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 05:56:02 PM
Nice versatile set!

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 04:36:49 AM
Nice looking set.  Odd to see a ratchet and just a single socket.  I assume that's a 1/4 socket to use with the 1/4 bits.   Is the socket a normal socket, or does it have any special features to aid in holding a bit?

It's a dedicated formed socket for the 1/4" bits smiller, as you surmised.  The 'bit-extender' has really-strong rare-earth magnet, as does the drive-handle.  One of the strongest I've ever seen.  Felo has a lifetime warranty, with exceptions for the bits (as they are considered consumables).  They have a smaller stubby set, I'm also considering.  The Torx bits are light-years in quality, with excellent temper. 

If you already have most of the other tools, they also sell the Torx bit-set and extender for $31.00 bucks.  Free-shipping on over fifty-dollars.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:46:25 AM by eTripper »

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 04:41:24 AM
Nice versatile set!

Thanks, BM!  I would recommend KC Tools for the popular euro-brands like Knipex, Wiha, etc.:cheers: :hatsoff:

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 08:34:07 PM
Ordered this set on 'Black Friday', and they arrived today!  This set from Felo is awesome.  I purchased-it to specifically handle fasteners on my knives.  But it jells well with my other 1/4" sets.  KC Tools is the online distributor for most of the popular euro-brands.  These were exceptional for $61.00 dollars, and free-shipping.  :o

(Image removed from quote.)

I love the look of that SK driver with the lock on the end.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 09:39:01 PM
I have two seperate S&K 1/4 sets that were given to me by my Granddad (he was, in turn, given them by his father-in-law, my great-Granddad, in the '70s as a Christmas gift) that, together, roughly match your set.   While mixed up, and missing pieces still, (only with the help of a friend--putting rebuilt sets in is a tough task!) I was able to rebuild a stripped ratchet I found, which turns out originally went in the Metric set. $8 a socket is a lot of money! But, I need two or three for each.  And, SK no longer sells kits in metal boxes. Inserts have worn out in mine, and SK no longer has replacements.  I like that the plastic ones have the organizer trays molded in them, but the latches break all the time.

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 02:34:04 AM
Nice sets!

I bought a 200+ 1/4" hex bit set (craftsman) to use with my surge/bit extender. Little excessive but for $25, I only spent $10 more than a little 25pc kit.

Im sure Ill find a use. But I did add a picture of one of the bits with my Surge in use in another thread.  :cheers:

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 06:18:33 AM
I love the look of that SK driver with the lock on the end.

The collet-bushing lock beats the heck out of magnetic screwdrivers.  I have both the S&K branded-version, and the one from Ideal Industries. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%