Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Went to a gun show and an emergency preparedness show last weekend.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
The local Rod and Gun Club had their annual gun show last weekend. They didn't have much unfortunately, but I did find a few neat pins. I am most happy with the Smith & Wesson pin showing a multi-tool of all things.

The emergency preparedness show was also on the same day. I managed to get to both places. The show is known for giving away a lot of cool stuff. This time was no exception. I got a pair of minivan shaped USB thumb drives advertising a local company. Kinda cool. On top of that the best handout was a small emergency kit.

Inside the kit were a few small guides along with a tick removal tool.

A whistle, a granola bar, a pencil and pen, and a small flashlight were also included.

Best part however was this official Red Cross CRC-WFAK first aid kit.

Overall, not a bad haul for the day.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
 :like: I appreciate swag as much as the next person. Were there demonstrations or classes avaialbe?
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
We didn't stay long enough to see the seminars at both locations.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
 :like: the pins  :tu:
Andrew

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
And that's most of the reason I actually go to the few expos we have locally; to load up on swag. Problem is, the stuff in there isn't really guaranteed to work, much less last more than a week. That looks like a neat little kit. A pretty expansive little first aid kit, decent pen, and is that a Fox 40 whistle? Those things must be a lot cheaper in Canada to be included in a swag bag, I guess because that's where they're made.   I mean, we pay like $5 each here for that same model; but I guess that's because of the "free shipping".   

I had a chance to buy the MT for about $30 that was the model featured on the pin badge. It looked to be of pretty good quality, but I passed on it because I figured it would be just as bad as today's S&W stuff.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%