Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kyiv these days

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Kyiv these days
on: April 03, 2022, 02:36:49 PM
Greetings, my brothers in tools from around the world

Many of you are asking about how I’m doing and I greatly appreciate your support and kind words - me and my family are safe and sound at least for now.

Some were asking how are things in Ukraine in general - and the video below might be helpful to any Ukrainians who left Kyiv (just like us) or to anyone else interested.
It was made by a super-famous Ukrainian travel blogger Anton Ptushkin, it’s in English, so I hope you will enjoy it

P.S.: feel free to share it anywhere you will

P.P.S.: no place like home, now I know that from experience. Can’t wait to get back

https://youtu.be/DqIF2U4g7H8
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Kyiv these days
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 03:31:39 PM
Thank you my friend and we're all so glad you and your family are safe!!  I work with a gentleman who is from Kyiv.  When I see him I'll send him this video. 
Barry

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 03:33:03 PM
Thank you my friend and we're all so glad you and your family are safe!!  I work with a gentleman who is from Kyiv.  When I see him I'll send him this video.
Thank you so much, my friend! Please do - I hope he’ll enjoy it as well

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 07:44:12 PM
Good to see the moral is high and people still smiling to each other on the street.

:tu: :salute:

I can still remember when the covid pandemic started, the first time I went to Lisbon and the streets were almost deserted. That felt strange. I can't imagine if war was the reason for that silence and emptyness.

A couple of days ago, I heard 2 or 3 fighters flying over my house. Probably just some exercise. Not a common ocurrence (helicopters are heard/seen with some regularity). They were also quite high, but their sound just made me think about what it would feel like if I was in a place where this sound was then followed by bombs going off.

Hope this ends soon and no more lives are lost in the madness.

Stay strong, stay safe!

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 11:19:02 PM
Good to see the moral is high and people still smiling to each other on the street.

:tu: :salute:

I can still remember when the covid pandemic started, the first time I went to Lisbon and the streets were almost deserted. That felt strange. I can't imagine if war was the reason for that silence and emptyness.

A couple of days ago, I heard 2 or 3 fighters flying over my house. Probably just some exercise. Not a common ocurrence (helicopters are heard/seen with some regularity). They were also quite high, but their sound just made me think about what it would feel like if I was in a place where this sound was then followed by bombs going off.

Hope this ends soon and no more lives are lost in the madness.

Stay strong, stay safe!

:salute:
Thank you, my friend, I wish no one would ever have to see a war with their own eyes

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 12:55:23 PM
Good to hear you are ok and safe :tu:

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 03:08:23 PM
I was watching everything, seeing people doing OK and the old soldierly machismo came out, thinking things weren't so bad as at least peoples' spirits seemed to be keeping up.
Then I saw the kids in hospital, the tears and anger started welling... Some friends of mine have already gone out there to join the volunteer forces, and the only reason I've not gone with them is that I now have two little ones that need me here. I'm still seriously considering it, though.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 12:14:37 AM
Megan and I just took the time to sit and watch the video.  Thank you for sharing.

I want to comment more, but I really have no words, at least nothing beyond my best wishes for you and yours to stay safe throughout this.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Kyiv these days
Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 12:34:08 AM
Thank you, gents, really appreciate your support

Meanwhile yesterday the entire civilized world was shocked- those smurfs even raped and killed 10 year old girls in Kyiv suburbs I don’t even know how is that possible? So many dead people with tied hands and bullet holes in their heads were found, so many tortured, some bodies were tortured even after death - all civilians. What were they killed for? Just for fun. And none of that ever will be either forgotten or forgiven.

And from intercepted calls of those mfs back home to their wives we hear wives say “shoot everything that moves” and “steal whatever you can” - those are not people - those creatures should be destroyed once and for all

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 01:40:26 PM
Yes, I am truly saddened by that news. This will only put more fire into the resolve of the Ukrainian people...if history is a good teacher of such horrors and atrocities. I am happy to hear you are doing well...all things being told.

As for the rest, I am speechless and trying very hard to keep this apolitical. Stay safe.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 01:59:50 PM
The atrocities that have come to light are sickening and those responsible should be tried as war criminals.

alexanderre, I'm glad that you and yours are safe.

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 02:01:00 AM
I have some strong feelings about whats going on over there, but it's best I don't get too vocal. I am happy to see that alexanderre continues to be okay. Stay strong over there!
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #12 on: April 06, 2022, 05:49:01 AM
Seeing a photo of an executed civilian with a bag of potatoes he was carrying at his side was particularly sobering.

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2022, 11:44:08 AM
I'm glad you and your family are safe, Alexanderre.  I am very sorry for what is happening to your people and your country.  I have a lot more to say, but it's probably best not to post it.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2022, 12:44:47 PM
I'm glad you and your family are safe, Alexanderre.  I am very sorry for what is happening to your people and your country.  I have a lot more to say, but it's probably best not to post it.
Thank you, my friend

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2022, 09:26:25 PM
I have a lot more to say, but it's probably best not to post it.
I'm right there with you. I'm glad alexanderre is doing as best as possible given the circumstances, and that he is able to regularly check in.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #16 on: April 10, 2022, 04:25:18 PM
I'm very angry with the situation.
I won't discuss politics or national affairs.
Just that common logic suggests that the unfair goes with the one that invades, bombs, destroys the infrastructure and kills unarmed civilians.
Always.
Whoever that might be, even if it is my own country (and it has been several times in the past).
 I hope the best for the attacked, peace and a new age of prosperity after the just end of this war.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #17 on: April 10, 2022, 04:37:34 PM
 :iagree:
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!