Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The watch collector challenge.

Chako · 380 · 9010

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: The watch collector challenge.
Reply #150 on: July 21, 2019, 12:49:45 PM
That’s a cool watch Chako  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #151 on: July 21, 2019, 01:34:31 PM
Thanks. The whole watch brand revolves around automotive themes..
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #152 on: July 21, 2019, 02:54:31 PM
Definitely a unique design for a watch :tu: :like:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #153 on: July 21, 2019, 11:20:28 PM
Day 39.

I was finally able to make it to an IPSC competition at my gun club. Wore a Rocawear watch for the occasion. Man that was hot under the bright sun. The match started at 10 am and finished at 2 pm.

Here I am before the competition trying to get reacquainted with my M&P 9mm. The last time I shot it was a few years ago. Took me around 3 10 round magazines to do just that.

A better shot of the watch.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:31:43 AM by Chako »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #154 on: July 21, 2019, 11:41:08 PM
You have got some cool watches Chako nice design on that one  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #155 on: July 22, 2019, 12:31:03 AM
Thanks Wspeed. I like all sorts of watches.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #156 on: July 22, 2019, 04:47:21 AM
Cool looking Rocawear! :like:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #157 on: July 22, 2019, 09:25:11 AM
 :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #158 on: July 23, 2019, 12:11:44 AM
Day 40.

Wow...talk about dedication. I have lasted for 40 days and counting.

Today, a Fossil Grant was next up for grabs. This was an odd watch to be honest. The lugs were super sharp. So much so that it shaved two layers of skin where they made contact the first time I wore it. This watch drew blood. I ended up taking a sharpening stone to the lugs in an effort to take that edge off. I was successful but it took some elbow grease to get it done.

Now I have something I can wear without having any fear of lacerations.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #159 on: July 23, 2019, 12:20:39 AM
Glad you were able to get it smoother  :like:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #160 on: July 23, 2019, 01:09:14 PM
I agree. Never came across that issue before, and hopefully never again.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #161 on: July 23, 2019, 08:49:33 PM
Day 41.

Something a bit on the flashy side...a Techno King Blue Knight that I just received yesterday.

I took the missus for a walk in Kinsmen Park earlier today.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #162 on: July 23, 2019, 08:56:55 PM
That is very bling Chako  8)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #163 on: July 24, 2019, 05:02:18 AM
That it is. It certainly gets the attention when worn.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #164 on: July 24, 2019, 12:38:24 PM
I bet you can’t miss seeing it  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #165 on: July 24, 2019, 11:18:58 PM
Day 42.

Next up is a TVG remote control watch. Yes, this fellow will allow you to turn on/off TVs, DVD, VHS, cable boxes etc. It is a built in universal remote that follows the code convention to get it working with what you have. Because of that, it ticks the gadget box nicely.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #166 on: July 24, 2019, 11:22:31 PM
That is a excellent watch Chako  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #167 on: July 25, 2019, 11:49:49 PM
Thanks Wspeed. It is certainly different.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #168 on: July 25, 2019, 11:58:03 PM
Day 43.

Today, a very loud Techno King Soul of Stones Black Rock. Of all my sparkly watches, this one sparkles the most. I think it has something to do with the black background and all those white stones. I am by nature, not an extrovert...but wearing things like this can be entertaining. It amuses me at how much attention this watch gets. This can be yours for only 35 Canadian from Amazon. Even though my first one recently got broken by the jeweler when she did a battery change...for the price, this watch has presence. Not that bad at keeping time as well.

Enter silly face. Took the better half to see "Secret Life of Pets 2" at the local cinema.

Tyger, my girlfriends cat does not look impressed. She has a good eye that one.  :D
I have no clue what that white border is.  :think:

Out in the sun, it twinkles like a hundred stars.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #169 on: July 26, 2019, 12:14:09 AM
Cool watch definitely got sparkle  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #170 on: July 26, 2019, 03:29:42 AM
That it does.  :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #171 on: July 26, 2019, 01:47:53 PM
Day 44.

Today, I am going to wear a BozGo Bozlun smart watch.

I am not sure what it is with smart watches. I sort of love them and  hate them at the same time. Case in point. I was browsing smart watches online and I came across this watch that had a different looking interface that caught my attention. When I looked at the price, It was hard to not go for it as it was well under 100 dollars. Once I ordered it, I did a bit more researching and found out that the watch started life as a kickstarter campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1237640011/bozgo-24-7-health-tracking-smarsmurfch-with-live-3d

Yes, we are talking about a BozGo Bozlun smart watch.

The reason why I love smart watches so much...is the capabilities that are above and beyond what a normal watch can do. The reason why I hate them so much is two fold. 1-they are mostly on and off devices necessitating either a flick of the wrist or a push of a button to turn on the device in order to read the time. 2-there is an app that is required to go onto your cellphone that is quite often the Achilles heel of the device. Quite often, the app is terrible, and will either not pair with your phone, or if it does, will kill your battery on the phone quickly when on. The App for this one isn't so bad...but I do have a big issue with it which I will explain a little later in this mini review.

The packaging is rather beautiful due to its colourful rounded metal canister. A little humour is interjected on the packaging as it states "No more Time! BozGo! That is an odd statement...but then again, lots of oddity appears on Chinese items. I must assume something got lost in the translation to English. Included in the packaging is the watch (I got the blue bracelet version), a colourful instruction manual that is first half Chinese, second half English, and one of those magnetic USB charging cables.

Looking on the back of the watch, you can see the heart rate sensor, and the charging port.

The magnetic coupler is fairly strong. Because of the exposed pins, I would attach the charging cable to the phone first, and then plug it in afterwards for fear of shorting something out.

Here is the bottom stick on the cute packaging. Note that the manufacturer is Shenzhen Berace Technology Company, Limited.

The watch features 5 buttons, Pressing the middle one for 3 seconds will turn the watch on/off. What originally attracted me to this watch was the "3D" graphics. Well...I must say, there is no such thing as a 3D feature on this watch. In hand, you quickly notice that the watch is simply 2D with animations. There are 3 main screens you can rotate through. I am quite happy to state that the watch will remember which main screen you are one. I had read a review that someone hated the interface as it would always revert to the main page. I am happy that it remembers as the main screen looks good on the computer but is a bit hard to read on your wrist. I imagine this is because once you flicked your wrist to turn on the watch to read, it only gives you a very limited time to do so. The reading of the time on the main screen is something you couldn't just do on a glance. There is a space theme that runs throughout the 3 main screens. I am ok with that.

Here is the main screen. You need to quickly locate little red triangles to read the hour and minute. During this time, the earth is rotating which does distract you a little...that is until you get used to the interface.

Forgive my photographic skills here. It was a bit difficult to capture the watch while one. Regardless, this is the analogue version of the main screen. Note the continuation of the space theme on this screen as well. The solar system is also animated.

Last but not least, my favorite main screen. At least I can read the time quickly in the short time that the screen flashes on and off.

Some of the watch features are pretty good for what it is. The heart rate monitor is kinda cool. You can set it up to constantly take heart rates during an exercise period for example. Here is the best I could do while juggling a camera, etc.

I wore the watch last night during my sleep (something I never do is wear a watch during sleep), to see what the sleep function is all about. To be honest, I didn't receive anything  during my sleep cycle. Now, the watch is supposed to analyze your sleep patterns, and even wake you up during a light sleep phase as opposed to waking you up in a deep sleep. I haven't tried this feature, as I haven't played with the alarm setting. Maybe I need to wear this watch several times before the sleep analysis will take place. Quite possibly, I may have to fork a lot of my personal data to the company to be allowed access to this function in the application...more on this later. I have as yet to be sold on any of these sleep monitoring functions on any watch that I own that has this feature. Here is the sleep monitoring screen.

The battery on this watch is amazing. It is nice to not have to recharge the watch every night. Here is the battery icon that shows battery charge.

Here is the "normal" state of the BozGo. I was able to make setting changes using the app to enable "gestures". This allows the watch to turn on when you turn your wrist to look at it. This generally works well, albeit a bit distracting as you go about your business with the smart watch going nuts turning itself on and off during the day. The watch is very light, and this surprised me somewhat when I got it. At the time, I wasn't aware that there were two versions of this watch, the BozGo, and the BoxGo Premium. The Premium features a stainless steel bezel ring. My more basic copy features a plastic bezel. Frankly, if all that is different is the metal disk, I do not mind owning the less fancy watch. Not sure what plastic they use, but is appears durable. What I do not like about the watch on a purely aesthetic basis, is the world time places around the bezel. They are only there for fashion and are not usable. Much like fake sub-dials, I am not much a fan of the fake inscriptions. On the plus side, the bracelet is large enough for me to get to the third hole if needed, and the bracelet is comfortable.

Now onto the App. As far as connectivity goes, I will have to rate this application high marks. I do this because it was easy to pair the application with my cell phone, which is an LG G6. Once paired via Bluetooth, it remained paired. I have other "smart watches" who's applications are terrible and fairly unusable. With that said, there is a big issue with me, and that is one of privacy. If you have read about China and the US, and even Canada, or for that matter, China versus many other nations, there is a big worry about identify theft. This application does not dissuade you from this notion that China wants to know everything about you. For instance, I have as yet created an account. It asks a lot of personal data from you, such as your cell phone, age, date of birth, etc. A lot of things that I am not comfortable in giving over to this company. There is a "tourist mode" that allows me basic functionality such as watch settings that I probably wouldn't be able to access if I had to fork over so much of my personal information. In tourist mode (how quaint), I cannot use a lot of the functions of this application like creating profiles, etc. Consequently, the application defaults to calling you "Hail".  :facepalm:

Here is the main screen of the application "RaceFitPro".

At least you can access some of the watch functions with a "tourist" account...which means you sign in with no account.

Here is the Record section. If you scroll down, there are several other function graphs you can access such as heart rate, and sleep analysis.

The sport section only gives you two sections...running and bicycling. I didn't take a screen shot but it is similar to the above "record" section.

So what do I think about the BozGo smart watch by Bozlun. I will just write my impressions and list them in no particular order.

1. The watch is light and thin. Wearing this for any length of time is no hardship. In fact, you might even forget you are wearing it.
2. The watch materials, although not premium, does feel sturdy enough. The light weight does give the user an overall cheap feeling to the watch though. Either that, or I am used to watches that weight more.
3. The application RaceFitPro connects to my LG well. A big negative is all the personal info I need to fork over in order to access most of the apps functionality.
4. There are a few listed features such as the constant heart rate monitoring, and an alarm that is supposed to wake you up with vibrations during your not so deep sleep cycles...both I have as yet tried.
5. Only 3 watch faces, and they are a lot alike. The 3D interface claim is a joke. albeit a bit unique visually from what is out there.
6. Standard smart watch functions are also here, such as shake wrist to take a photo from your cell phone (I tried this and it works nicely), find your phone, etc. Nothing unusual that I haven't already mentioned.
7. Magnetic charging cable does feel rubbery cheap, but the magnets are strong, even if the pins stick out a little more than I would like to. Attaching the cable to the watch first, and then plugging the USB cable into a USB port second should eliminate the possibility of shorting something out.

So there you have it. A somewhat unique smart watch with an application that forces you to give up a lot of personal data to the Chinese to gain full functionality of your watch features...well that isn't cool at all. At least you can enter "visitor mode" without give up all your secrets to a hostile foreign nation...and if you have been following the news with China and Canada...hostile is the word of these times, I would rate this watch relatively higher than I am willing to today. Overall, the interface is cute if by no means 3D. I do like the planet animation themes. You can use the watch as a standard watch...and the gestures do work well here. The battery life is a winner as well. I think the watch should last 5 days on a single charge. There is a lot to like here...but I can't get over their asking for my phone number, date of birth, full name, etc. Seems down right creepy to fork all of that over to get full access to RaceFitPro application. Furthermore, if you read their app legal section, they have access to all your very personal information such as sleep cycles, health, etc...anything that this watch monitors. Could be I am suffering from a tinge of paranoia, but to me, something smells rotten here. Just saying.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:06:38 PM by Chako »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #172 on: July 26, 2019, 02:02:58 PM
Interesting watch Chako  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #173 on: July 26, 2019, 02:04:46 PM
Thanks Wspeed. This one is a bit crippled because I refuse to sign up for full access to the application. At least I can still use this one as a regular watch.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:08:38 PM by Chako »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #174 on: July 26, 2019, 02:57:40 PM
I don’t like having to sign up for everything neither  ???

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #175 on: July 27, 2019, 10:16:24 PM
Yeah, it can be a bit of a problem for some of these smart watch applications.

Here is a bonus shot of the Bozgo taken yesterday.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #176 on: July 27, 2019, 10:25:05 PM
Day 45.

Next up in line is a Suunto Quest training watch...which is no longer in production. I have not used the wrap around heart monitor that came with this watch, nor the Movestick mini usb dongle. This one is a great watch for sports enthusiast in the swimming, running, and bicycling sports. I do not do any of them, and just got it because I liked the orange look of it...go figure.  :facepalm:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #177 on: July 27, 2019, 10:51:39 PM
Looks a cool watch  :like: :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #178 on: July 27, 2019, 11:20:16 PM
 :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #179 on: July 27, 2019, 11:38:01 PM
Ok, that looks weird! :think:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%