Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking for a Victorinox Climber from approximately 1979-1983 to buy.

264 · 17 · 712

us Offline 264

(1) Looking for a Victorinox Climber from approximately 1979-1983 to buy. Not interested in a mint  condition one for display. I want a knife in good condition to use lightly for opening envelopes and boxes. It can be dirty, superficial rust, scales will be replaced. Planning on cleaning and polishing it. No bent or broken tools. Got burned on Ebay twice and that is all I will say about that. Maybe other forum members can tell me what the going price should be for what I want.
(2) If anyone has a Wenger S18 for sale I would be interest in that model also. Looking for that one to be in A grade shape.
Thanks for reading everyone.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:23:15 AM by 264 »

us Offline 264

(2) Typo. Looking for a Wenger 16 or S16. :whistle:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
I think I have a Wenger S16 Patagonia Race NIB

Maybe it’s interesting for you...

us Offline 264

I think I have a Wenger S16 Patagonia Race NIB

Maybe it’s interesting for you...

Yes please PM info. Thanks

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
How would I know that a climber I have is from teh period you are looking for?

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Scissors spring has bend end and does not run in grove, scissors are screwed, 5 looped cork screw with grooves, awl has no sewing hole, bottle opener has no 90° stop, tang of the main blade is a tad thicker than recent ones, main blade tang is stamped with "Victorinox Switzerland Stainless Rostfrei", no pin...  :think:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:34:30 PM by MTMatt »

00 Offline jnoxyd

Scissors spring has bend end and does not run in grove, scissors are screwed, 5 looped cork screw with grooves, awl has no sewing hole, bottle opener has no 90° stop, tang of the main blade is a tad thicker than recent ones, main blade tang is stamped with "Victorinox Switzerland Stainless Rostfrei", no pin...  :think:
Sorry, it has 4 looped grooved corckscrew (started in 1973) and steel Victorinox emblem inlay ( nickel silver was till 1980)  :salute:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
SAAMS states...
(pre 1983) 5 loops fluted corkscrew  :think:

http://victorinox.metodi.me/91mmtools.php

us Offline 264

This is a bit embarrassing but I can not figure out how to turn on email reply notification. You get an email saying someone replied to this post. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
This is a bit embarrassing but I can not figure out how to turn on email reply notification. You get an email saying someone replied to this post. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Should say Notify at the top or bottom of the thread.

00 Offline jnoxyd

SAAMS states...
(pre 1983) 5 loops fluted corkscrew  :think:

http://victorinox.metodi.me/91mmtools.php

Yes, you are right, but SAAM made his cool site in 2009 and used this wrong dating from Victorinox. We discussed it several times here on  forum.  :salute:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:01:51 PM by jnoxyd »

00 Offline jnoxyd

(1) Looking for a Victorinox Climber from approximately 1979-1983 to buy. Not interested in a mint  condition one for display. I want a knife in good condition to use lightly for opening envelopes and boxes. It can be dirty, superficial rust, scales will be replaced. Planning on cleaning and polishing it. No bent or broken tools. Got burned on Ebay twice and that is all I will say about that. Maybe other forum members can tell me what the going price should be for what I want.
(2) If anyone has a Wenger S18 for sale I would be interest in that model also. Looking for that one to be in A grade shape.
Thanks for reading everyone.
I have only this one, 1983-1985, maybe it is good for you?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:12:22 PM by jnoxyd »

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Yes, you are right, but SAAM made his cool site in 2009 and used this wrong dating from Victorinox. We discussed it several times here on  forum.  :salute:

Thank you Sir, that's good info  :hatsoff:

us Offline 264

I have only this one, 1983-1985, maybe it is good for you?
(Image removed from quote.)

Looks great. Please PM me. Thanks.

00 Offline jnoxyd

Looks great. Please PM me. Thanks.
Pm sent

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Nice one jnoxyd  :tu:

england Offline KeepCalmCarryOn

Hello, little late to the party, however I think I have the knife you were originally after.
I saw that you may have bought another but if you are interested let me know and I'll get some pics up.
It isn't mint just a bit dirty and little stiff. Only bit that's broken is scissor spring.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%