Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Huntsman Wood

Poll

Do I buy one?

Yes sir get one of those bad boys!
5 (100%)
No!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

us Offline The Lone Wanderer

• High Octane Gasoline
Huntsman Wood
on: July 08, 2019, 06:34:08 AM
I have been debating on getting a Huntsman Wood for a few weeks now and then doing a month long challenge. So those with this particular SAK, do you like it? Other opinions? Make this a fun thread everyone, all opinions welcome!
Last of the V8 Interceptors

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Re: Huntsman Wood
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 02:51:50 PM
I don’t have the Huntsman wood, but do have the Evo Wood 17.  The wood scales have a nice feel in the hand, warm and smooth.

I’ve been using it as a desk knife.  The wood does not appear to be stabilized, so I do have some concerns about durability in an EDC role.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 02:54:32 PM
I think the better question to ask yourself is--why not?   I am trying to focus more on traditional knives in scale materials other than Delrin; and I might just get into wood-scaled SAKs myself.

Offline Myoman

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 05:04:41 AM
We are all enablers lol

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 05:22:23 AM
Ah, Lone Wanderer. Why, oh why would you create, on this of all websites, a poll simply asking "buy or dont buy?"

By the way as I write this it is trending 100% to buy...go figure.

Actually, I have a Huntsman I keep in my desk at work. Very versatile. I like it.

The one thing about most Swiss Army Knives that rubs me a little bit the wrong way (not enough that  I dont own more than a dozen, mind you) is that modern, plasticky red handle. Yes, it is iconic and I rarely like any other color SAK scale, but they can and do chip, crack and break. Plus I do have a penchant for the traditional. A nice 1978 Buck 110 two-dot, for example.

So, if you can meld a red cellidor 91 mm SAK with a Buck 110 and come up with a nice wood-handled Huntsman, I say yes. It adds an air of traditional material to it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%