Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
PEI
on: July 03, 2019, 02:40:08 AM
Taking a little vacation the end of July and just into August and headed to PEI, Canada

While I'm pretty sure a Leatherman Rebar wont raise any eyebrows, I am wondering what the determination has been regarding the CBSA and certain types of "centrifugal" or One-Hand-Opening knives?

Does anyone know what I can legally carry once I am in Canada, and what I may or may not be able to bring across the border ON my person, FOR my person? Personal use only!

I'd like to be able to bring across the border and pocket / sheath carry one or any of the following:

- typical Swiss Army Knife such as Super Tinker or an old Rucksack. I'm guessing there is no problem here...

- Vic One Hand Trekker

- Buck 110

- Spyderco Atlantic Salt

Anyone have a verdict on any of those?

Please let me know, as I'm looking forward to maybe some coastal fishing or some other outdoor fun.

Thanks in advance.

ThundahBeagle

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Re: PEI
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 11:57:30 AM
I think those would be fine, the knives you mentioned are quite common to see around Nova Scotia on belts or pocket clips, I find it odd but a lot of people using a pocket clip, have the knife hanging outside.
Something else, I was on a tool truck at work yesterday, he keeps a selection of knives and he had a few automatics, I mentioned legality and if they were older stock because of things I'd heard, he said no, he sells a lot so is always reordering from outside Canada with no issues.
Maybe keep them in your luggage at the border as opposed to on you, unfortunately you never know how an individual official will interpret things

Safe travels, mid summer is usually nice weather  :tu:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:11:03 AM
Thank you Mr. Jones. I'm driving up but I suppose keeping them in my luggage is a good idea anyway. Out of sight out of mind.

Or, as we sometimes say...out of an officer's "plain view", out of trouble.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 01:12:11 AM
Anyone else have any details?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99