Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New bibury multitool spotted, the one that might beat leatherman

Offline electro

I don't think this is older than a month or so, this bibury is about micra sized scissors based tool.
The body is awfully similar to a Cabela's multi tool just replaced pliers with scissors.

Take a look:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bibury-Multitools-Stainless-Multi-Tool-Gardening/dp/B07NW98BZS

I couldn't find any overview/review on YouTube/forum/anywhere. If you can, please post the link in below, thanks :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
If each individual tool was up to par, it does look like a nice tool :cheers: but I am not sure if it would beat the Micra out  :think: Never know though :D Nice find :salute: :like:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
The outside tools are actually quite ok-ish. That same scissor had been used by other brands like workpro and craftsman. The scissor is really good. Punches way way above its weight class.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Dude, what's with the bottle opener tip?! Make it a screwdriver or a pointy can opener or something!

:think: :think: :pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Online SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Sorry, just no!

I think it looks awful  :dwts: (so bad that I can't even consider it)

Others may have different views  :dunno:
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
I am not sure if it would beat the Micra out  :think:

If it cuts stuff without me having to take a hammer to it first, it beats the Micra.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Offline Scorpion Regent

Not worth my time or money.  It might be great as a first tool, but I need that like a hole in my head.

us Offline getahl

I'll give it a shot. Returns on Amazon are stupidly easy, so nothing ventuted, nothing gained. If the scissors will cut soft material, like a ziploc or nose hair, then they're worth the $15 price of admission.   It's for this reason I really dislike the Micra.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
I'll give it a shot. Returns on Amazon are stupidly easy,

Noting that you can't "unring the bell" of the costs of production (from generating the raw materials, transport, manufacture, and final shipping) the "cost" may be a bit more than what you see in your bank account (refund or not)

I can't say if the tool is quality or not, but I suppose I'm skeptical of a $15 tool on amazon, and reluctant to reward bad manufacturing, even if the cost to my personal hip pocket can be accounted for - there's a big picture to consider.

/Soapbox.

On a more tool related note - It doesn't appear any more alluring than the clamshell pack local-whatever-brand etched nonsense you can buy in any hardware store or gift shop, so that's a "meh" from me.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
yeuch
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
I doubt it will beat any Leatherman. Sure, it may cut better, but it will fall short in every other category.

Sam put a pair of scissors in a Juice instead of pliers, and it is fantastic. Why discontinue the Juice line? Just give it a make-over. Pocket-clips, scissors instead of pliers, change the load-out a little, bring back the KF4, make the smurfing blade longer, and we'll eat them up.

Offline ComboTool

I've had one for a few months, and it's also available from other brands on Aliexpress. The scissors are good (very similar to the Workpro) but the size is huge compared to a Micra (very thick handles and lots of wasted space between the tools), so not a Micra competitor for me. I consider it a drawer-tool more than a keychain-tool.
IMG_1787.jpg
* IMG_1787.jpg (Filesize: 206.53 KB)
IMG_1788.jpg
* IMG_1788.jpg (Filesize: 146.36 KB)

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
The outside tools are actually quite ok-ish. That same scissor had been used by other brands like workpro and craftsman. The scissor is really good. Punches way way above its weight class.

wait? is this the same as the craftsman 10 in 1? those scissors were excellent

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
I doubt it will beat any Leatherman. Sure, it may cut better, but it will fall short in every other category.

Sam put a pair of scissors in a Juice instead of pliers, and it is fantastic. Why discontinue the Juice line? Just give it a make-over. Pocket-clips, scissors instead of pliers, change the load-out a little, bring back the KF4, make the smurfing blade longer, and we'll eat them up.

The lack of actual 3rd party input they got on the Free series makes me think they see only what they want to see. The KF4 is still one of the best multitools I've ever used...yet THAT was the one they discontinued...

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
I've had one for a few months, and it's also available from other brands on Aliexpress. The scissors are good (very similar to the Workpro) but the size is huge compared to a Micra (very thick handles and lots of wasted space between the tools), so not a Micra competitor for me. I consider it a drawer-tool more than a keychain-tool.

Lol, yeah that's not beating a micra. :rofl:
Hard to EDC something that bulky.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
wait? is this the same as the craftsman 10 in 1? those scissors were excellent

Yup. It's the same mighty scissors.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
I looked for your scissor Juice but could not find the thread. ???

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
I looked for your scissor Juice but could not find the thread. ???

I actually made 2 of them. This is my back up piece.. The first one that I use everyday had some hiccups... I tried to grind a wire stripping groove into the scissor blade but failed...  :facepalm: but I have spare parts so I am going to repair it. Its because of these situations that I make back ups... Excellent scissor. A tool I cannot do without at work.
IMG_20200709_132752_copy_912x684.jpg
* IMG_20200709_132752_copy_912x684.jpg (Filesize: 131.75 KB)
IMG_20200709_132803_copy_912x684.jpg
* IMG_20200709_132803_copy_912x684.jpg (Filesize: 162.16 KB)

Offline Jules Garcia

• New User
Nice find... personally, I just look for the right size and weight. It doesn't matter what brand or make (as long as it's from a reputable maker).
Kind of swimming in multi tool option these days. But the stuff important to me when shopping for one:
1. weight
2. size
3. POCKET CLIP!
4. Colour preference
5. Brand I like
In that order... This one looks okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixpWdeFhF4&t=22s

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
If it cuts stuff without me having to take a hammer to it first, it beats the Micra.

Maybe taking the hammer to a Micra first could be the problem :shrug: I have several and any of the that I pick up and use have never failed me with whatever I have cut :dunno:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Nice find... personally, I just look for the right size and weight. It doesn't matter what brand or make (as long as it's from a reputable maker).
Kind of swimming in multi tool option these days. But the stuff important to me when shopping for one:
1. weight
2. size
3. POCKET CLIP!
4. Colour preference
5. Brand I like
In that order... This one looks okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixpWdeFhF4&t=22s

Good list of things to consider :tu: and welcome to  :MTO:  :cheers:

Offline electro

Sorry, just no!

I think it looks awful  :dwts: (so bad that I can't even consider it)

Others may have different views  :dunno:

As i stated, the body is awfully similar to Cabela's multi tool. Some prefer rectangular, some prefer different. But if we keep looks aside, it certainly have better functional tools and scissor are just as good as micra (same scissors on other mts, works awesome)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%