Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Replacement Kershaw A100 Blade

us Offline matt2silver

Replacement Kershaw A100 Blade
on: August 03, 2019, 05:28:32 PM
Hey guys, I recently lucked into a Kershaw A100 at a yard sale.  The tool and all of it's components are in greate shape, save for the blade which has seen some heavy use and has been poorly resharpened at least a few times.  I know this is an older tool, but would any of you know how I might find a replacement blade.  I plan to call Kershaw and check with them on Monday, but considering how long the tool has been discontinued I am not putting a lot of eggs in that basket.  Thanks!

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Replacement Kershaw A100 Blade
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 04:41:30 AM
I think it will be difficult to find a replacement A100 main blade.  Craftsman sold a set of tool components for their relabelled A100, but this didn't include a blade.  Maybe if you could find another A100 that is unusable (eg broken pliers) you could harvest the blade from that ?  Alternatively you might be able to rehabilitate the existing blade as long as there is enough metal left to work with.

Good Luck with your search.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 08:33:24 AM
The closest "reasonably inexpensive" blade option I can think of would be the one on the Paul Chen Professional MT. Both have similar liner setups and thumbstuds.
Now, that said, I do not know if the pivot and lock position would work out. Maybe one of our resident modders might know? :dunno:

If I had a user A100, I'd remove the blade and find out, but at the moment the only one I have is NIB. :ahhh

Edit:

Looking at both of the blade setups, the Chen Pro blade would need notable grinding to match the A100 tang anyway, so that is a no-go. The studs also aren't positioned in the same place, meaning the A100 would need to be notched out further to accommodate the Chen blade.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 08:43:16 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline matt2silver

Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 02:29:34 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate your help and the time you spent looking at potential options for solving my problem.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%