Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Geekey 1443

No Life Club Posts: 1,288
Geekey
« on: August 24, 2019, 04:21:21 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of one piece tools but something about this one appeals to me:

A little pricey but not crazy

https://www.getgeekey.com/

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,689
Re: Geekey
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 04:49:45 AM »
I am not a fan of those key size “tools”. Wonder what kind of bolts one would open with those. There is not a lot of space to get some leverage. I think even the large tweezers on a Handyman/Swisschamp would do a better job.

If you get one I would like to hear your thoughts though  :popcorn:
No Life Club Posts: 3,435
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »
This got to be the first OTP I've seen with a smoking pipe integrated.  :sa:
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 09:39:19 AM »
Back when I smoked hand rolled cigarettes, I was on a hike and my rolling papers fell into a puddle. At the top of the mountain I crafted a small pipe out of wood with my Vic Farmer, to have a couple of puffs of tobacco. I suppose this could have come in handy  :dunno:

Also it supposedly fits robbie screws, which I assumed would get our Canadian friends interested.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,268
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 10:51:09 AM »
I have one, but I haven’t used it much.  It is slightly bigger and thicker than some of the other key tools so you do get a little more leverage than some.  The serrated edge cuts pretty good.  The phillips is not going to do any hard duty can works fairly well on basic items.  I can’t say as I have tried the pipe part

As far as OPMTs, I would consider it one of the better ones I have tried, but like all of them it does have its shortcomings.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 06:28:47 AM »
I got one today. I got it primarily because I've been working a lot and haven't bought a new toy in nearly two months, so figured it was about time. I've only tried the drivers on a few different phillips and flat head screws and it seems to grab quite nicely. The file is single cut and not very aggressive and sort of awkward to use but with some effort it will smooth down an annoying fingernail edge. The bottle opener works well and has plenty of leverage but it takes a sec to figure out how to hold it right. Overall it seems nicely made and has a quality feel to it. If it does well with package opening, it may find a role in my life.

Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,105 Born to multitask.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 08:14:21 AM »
Certainly interesting. If its cutter works as well or better than the NiteIze QuicKey, then it offers more useful features and may interest me. :like:
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
I got one today. I got it primarily because I've been working a lot and haven't bought a new toy in nearly two months, so figured it was about time. I've only tried the drivers on a few different phillips and flat head screws and it seems to grab quite nicely. The file is single cut and not very aggressive and sort of awkward to use but with some effort it will smooth down an annoying fingernail edge. The bottle opener works well and has plenty of leverage but it takes a sec to figure out how to hold it right. Overall it seems nicely made and has a quality feel to it. If it does well with package opening, it may find a role in my life.

(Image removed from quote.)

How's the screwdriver holding up?
Looking to buy one, bit concerned about the steel' durability.
No Life Club Posts: 4,496 <*();::::::::;~
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 05:45:40 AM »
I bought one and really didn't care for it. It's been sitting in a drawer since I bought it.  :-\

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD
25%