Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Blade swap

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Blade swap
on: August 24, 2019, 10:06:08 PM
Would the four outside opening tools (s30v blade, serrated hook, saw and file) from a charge tti fit a new wave plus without any modification.

Thanks.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Blade swap
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 10:08:28 PM
Yes... as long as it's like for like, if you know what I mean.  :tu:

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 10:31:11 PM
Yes like for like, i was going to buy another full set of replacement blades for my wave to keep as replacements should I wear any of the current ones out.

My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 02:01:07 PM
I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean. I used to use Wave type Leathermans for work a lot, a couple of them got used hard for quite a few years. Nothing really got worn-out in that time apart from maybe the serrated blade, which I find a pain to sharpen and maybe the saw on one of them that got used a lot on plasterboard  :facepalm:, but it was still usable.  :tu:

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 05:12:30 PM
I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean. I used to use Wave type Leathermans for work a lot, a couple of them got used hard for quite a few years. Nothing really got worn-out in that time apart from maybe the serrated blade, which I find a pain to sharpen and maybe the saw on one of them that got used a lot on plasterboard  :facepalm:, but it was still usable.  :tu:

After pocket carrying and using my 2nd gen wave for several years as a carpenter for a small building company that refurbished houses. And never setting out to complete any task with it as I would use dedicated tools, it was always used at a pinch if I encountered something I had not planned for just to get you out of trouble or to save you a trip to the van. I wore all the diamonds off the file and had worn the main blade so much it was getting harder and harder to sharpen due to thickening of the blade.

I cheekily sent it back to leatherman with a letter, not claiming that it had failed me or it was broken but the opposite. I said it had been a much trusted
And well used but never abused tool and I had simply wore it out. I fully expected to get a call saying it was not covered by the warrenty but instead received a beautiful new wave plus.

I don’t feel bad about using the warrenty when I had more than got my money’s worth from my tool as I did not try to mislead them and I own more than fifty leatherman that will never get used so I have spent a lot of money with them.

But what I am is grateful and told them as much after receiving my new wave and by buying a second set of new blades I hope to do my own repairs in the future, hoping I make this one last me out.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 12:34:56 AM
After pocket carrying and using my 2nd gen wave for several years as a carpenter for a small building company that refurbished houses. And never setting out to complete any task with it as I would use dedicated tools, it was always used at a pinch if I encountered something I had not planned for just to get you out of trouble or to save you a trip to the van. I wore all the diamonds off the file and had worn the main blade so much it was getting harder and harder to sharpen due to thickening of the blade.

I cheekily sent it back to leatherman with a letter, not claiming that it had failed me or it was broken but the opposite. I said it had been a much trusted
And well used but never abused tool and I had simply wore it out. I fully expected to get a call saying it was not covered by the warrenty but instead received a beautiful new wave plus.

I don’t feel bad about using the warrenty when I had more than got my money’s worth from my tool as I did not try to mislead them and I own more than fifty leatherman that will never get used so I have spent a lot of money with them.

But what I am is grateful and told them as much after receiving my new wave and by buying a second set of new blades I hope to do my own repairs in the future, hoping I make this one last me out.

Now I know why you're called Chip, I'm so smurfing slow at times!  :facepalm:

I also see where you're coming from now.   :cheers:

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 12:48:09 AM
Now I know why you're called Chip, I'm so smurfing slow at times!  :facepalm:

I also see where you're coming from now.   :cheers:

:drink:
Thanks for your help, I have ordered the new blades from a guy in Russia through ebay USA.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%