Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Thrunite T1

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Thrunite T1
on: October 27, 2019, 01:00:27 AM
Lately, I have rekindled my passion for finding the "perfect light." Not unlike my passion for knives, I know I will never find that perfection, but the fun is in the search. With that being the case I started small. My search as of late has been for small form factor lights that are easy to carry. After all, one can own the brightest light in the world, or the longest lasting light, but if it is not with you when the lights go out, it doesn't matter. It is like that age old situation that comes up when a relative newbie to the knife world pops in and asks, "What is the best survival knife?" Our answer is often universal, "The one that is in your pocket when you need to survive."

I started with AAA flashlights. I have always liked these little lights. These days they have amazing lighting abilities in contrast to their size. As I mentioned elsewhere, there are some of us here that remember the days of D cell flashlights that couldn't have kept up with the AAA lights of today. Tech has definitely improved. I bought several of these lights and have a nice array of them at my disposal. They next leg of the quest became apparent when I bought a Nitecore TUP right here on MTO.

The TUP is an amazing light. It has several light levels, including a "turbo" mode that provides 1000 lumens in a small package. In addition, it has a digital display that lets you know exactly how much battery time you have left at the various levels, and a pretty intuitive two button UI. It is mini usb chargeable, so no worries about batteries...just plug it in and charge it up. Once I had that light in hand, I really wanted to explore the next logical level of lighting...small powerhouses.

I wanted a tough light that was rechargeable that offered a lot of the things I liked about the TUP. I started looking closely at the Olight S1R, but that search led me to the Thrunite T1. It packed a little more power (1500 lumens) and had a similar set up. It was mini usb chargeable and was small enough to always have with me. So I ordered the light and I have to say, I could not be more satisfied!! This is exactly what I was looking for.

With this light I had the ability to provide a surprising amount of illumination, but on the low mode I have roughly two weeks (advertised) of battery life that I can read by. I have been carrying the light for several days and I really have enjoyed it. One way I can usually tell how well and flashlight is serving its purpose is by the neglect my other flashlights get. I have hardly used any other light since I received this one. Once I learned the UI on this I found it was second nature to access its various functions. Overall, I am extremely happy with this flashlight.

Product Description:

The T1 is a tailcap-magnetic rechargeable LED flashlight,equipped with CREE XHP50 LED to make output up to 1,500 lumens and max beam distance of 102 meters. Lockout Function can prevent accidental activation in bag or pocket.

Features:

ULTRA BRIGHT - Max 1500 lumens flashlight CREE XHP50 LED bulb producing an intense beam of bright light  up to 335 ft / 102 m.
MAGNETIC TAILCAP FREE YOUR HANDS - Hands-free use with magnetic tailcap, dual direction clip, perfect for any hands free mechanic work.
VERSATILE MODES - Firefly/ Turbo/ Strobe and stepless dimming modes.Long press side switch to activate stepless dimming, choose your desired brightness freely.
RECHARGEABLE - Powered by an included  rechargeable 1100mAh Lithium-ion Battery.Built-in USB charging port and cable and no extra new battery will be needed. It will remind you to charge when battery voltage is low.
COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Compact design fits comfortably in your pocket, backpack, 2.5oz, 2.7 inch in length.

Specifications:

LED: 1 X CREE XHP 50 LED.
Output mode/Runtime:
Turbo: 1500Lm-408Lm (3mins+80mins)
Strobe:700Lm(120minutes)
Infinity High: 685Lm(80 minutes)
Infinity Low: 15 Lm(36 hours )
Firefly: 1 Lm(14 days)
Working voltage:2.7V-4.2V
Battery: ThruNite 3.7V 1100mAh 18350 battery included
Max beam distance: 102 meters
Peak beam intensity: 2600 cd.
Waterproof: IPX-8 Standard (2M)
Impact resistance: 1M
Weight: 71.5g with battery
Dimensions:69.5mm*26.5mm*22mm
Accessories: Pocket clip x1, Spare O-rings x2, Lanyard x1, ThruNite 1100mAh 18350 battery x1, USB Charging Cable x1, Spare USB Rubber Cover x1

Operation:

Lock/Unlock:
Under the lockout mode, press and hold the side switch for 3 seconds to unlock the flashlight. When the flashlight is off, press and hold the side switch for 1 second to enter firefly mode. Under firefly mode, press and hold the side switch for 3 seconds to access the lockout mode.

Turn ON/OFF
Press the side switch to turn the light on/off.

Change Modes:
With the light is on, long press the switch to circle through infinity high and infinity low.
Shortcut to firefly: When the light is off, press and hold the side switch for 1 second to get firefly mode.
Double click to turn to turbo from any mode.
Triple click to get strobe.

Memory Function:
The light will turn on in the last mode used, except firefly, turbo and strobe.

Recharging Function:
The max charging current is 500mA.During charging, the indicator is RED. After being fully charged, the indicator will be BLUE. When indicator flashes purple, it means abnormal charging. Only firefly and low modes are available while charging.

Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Thrunite T1
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 06:41:40 AM
Looks good  :like:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 03:17:07 AM
Seems a lot like my older Olight S1 but with more features.

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 09:16:58 AM
Seems a lot like my older Olight S1 but with more features.

It was actually the S1 that I was originally going to get, but this one had more features and a bit more power. I chose it over the S1R because I can use a standard mini usb to charge it versus a proprietary charger.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%