Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bedside flashlight?

comis · 42 · 1356

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Re: Bedside flashlight?
Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 09:29:53 PM
Fenix TK12.

There is no memory mode on this light, it always comes on in high mode.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 08:42:44 AM
Thanks, I really like tritium, but I seem to eventually break them all :(
With this, it's just some hollow punches and voila.
Glo-nation sold the good stuff, by the foot, but it seems they have closed up shop.

Hope to find it else where when needed...

Fenix TK12.

There is no memory mode on this light, it always comes on in high mode.

I thought they have dual stage adjusted by the twist of head, so you could choose to low output by default?  Or you'd prefer to keep a bright light by the bedside?

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 12:11:12 PM
The TK12 interface is always high mode, regardless of whether it is momentary on or fully on.

The light does have low and medium mode. These are accessed when light is fully on, then a half press of the tailcap. As soon as light is turned off, it is back to high mode.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: September 28, 2019, 05:42:36 PM
The TK12 interface is always high mode, regardless of whether it is momentary on or fully on.

The light does have low and medium mode. These are accessed when light is fully on, then a half press of the tailcap. As soon as light is turned off, it is back to high mode.

Oh, I see.  I used to own Fenix lights that has mechanical dual stages, where the brightness is altered by twist of front bezel.  I thought Tk12 was the same when reading about it online, sounds like it is changed by tailcap switch programming.

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #34 on: September 29, 2019, 11:17:52 AM
I bought a Nitecore TUP from Blitzwing and absolutely love this light. It pretty much fits the bill for every purpose.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 29, 2019, 02:41:37 PM
I bought a Nitecore TUP from Blitzwing and absolutely love this light. It pretty much fits the bill for every purpose.

The TUP is way too bright for me on the lowest setting which is why mine is not by the bed anymore.

The light is truly amazing though for sure but I need lower lows.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: September 29, 2019, 02:46:56 PM

A blockish light is cool, at least it won't roll around the bedside table.  I wish Nitecore or Jetbeam could come up something with rotary dial and the smart display to tell you how much remaining time, that'd be ultra useful and nice to use.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: September 29, 2019, 02:49:03 PM
The TUP is way too bright for me on the lowest setting which is why mine is not by the bed anymore.

The light is truly amazing though for sure but I need lower lows.

Ez, if you get a chance, do check out the review on the Jetbeam RRT01(2019), it has infinite steps and the lowest is so low that your eyes can hardly see.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 29, 2019, 04:05:57 PM
Ez, if you get a chance, do check out the review on the Jetbeam RRT01(2019), it has infinite steps and the lowest is so low that your eyes can hardly see.

Thanks
I have had them but also need a switch on my lights for positive off and not having to spin the wheel for light.

I already have plenty of lights that go that low too and had hoped that the TUP would even though I had no reason to hope so,no Nitecore that I have known will except theirs with the dial which are discontinued and were too big for what they are and the last thing I needed is the flashing colors too..

The T1A that is by my bed already goes as low as the Jetbeam and also has no switch so I am good with that and every ZL that I have easily also goes that low if I want to.

The Tiny Manker E02 actually has 22 moonlight levels that are easily selected from and I use that by the bed a lot too,it is easier than most to handle at night when I might need to too! :facepalm:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: September 30, 2019, 08:52:31 AM
Those are some good light, I myself am a big fan for twisty, so less thing to fail, and a short light with tailstand capacity is a bonus for me, so I don't have to turn on the bathroom light to wake myself up.

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: October 03, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
Amici,
Being a flashaholic, I recently starting collecting flashlights manufactured during the 1960's-1970's. Here is one of my favorites that I slightly modded. It is a Sportsman made by Rayovac sometime in the 1970's. What I did was ditch the incandescent bulb, and replace it with an LED. It escapes me how many lumens I installed, but I believe it is 200 lumens which is definitely a step up from the traditional bulb.

Especially since the original reflector is nearly 100% mint considering it's age. I also replaced the factory plastic lens with a more traditional glass type. For power, I am running 6 AA lithium batteries contained within  SANYO ENELOOP Spacer/converters with great results.  It feels great in the hand, plus it's cool using something that was made and considered top notch equipment in the 1970's.

Cheers,
Serge
Light 1.jpeg
* Light 1.jpeg (Filesize: 210.75 KB)
Light 2.jpeg
* Light 2.jpeg (Filesize: 198.17 KB)
Light 3.jpeg
* Light 3.jpeg (Filesize: 193.38 KB)
Light 4.jpeg
* Light 4.jpeg (Filesize: 90.84 KB)
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #41 on: October 03, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
Amici,
Being a flashaholic, I recently starting collecting flashlights manufactured during the 1960's-1970's. Here is one of my favorites that I slightly modded. It is a Sportsman made by Rayovac sometime in the 1970's. What I did was ditch the incandescent bulb, and replace it with an LED. It escapes me how many lumens I installed, but I believe it is 200 lumens which is definitely a step up from the traditional bulb.

Especially since the original reflector is nearly 100% mint considering it's age. I also replaced the factory plastic lens with a more traditional glass type. For power, I am running 6 AA lithium batteries contained within  SANYO ENELOOP Spacer/converters with great results.  It feels great in the hand, plus it's cool using something that was made and considered top notch equipment in the 1970's.

Cheers,
Serge

I did a similar mod more than a decade ago, but back then, we didn't have strong leds we do nowadays.  But it was really a refreshing mod to breathe new life into old flashlight!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%