Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question regarding Italian RescueTool

Offline Holy Mustche

Question regarding Italian RescueTool
on: September 13, 2019, 11:45:41 AM
Hi,
Are the Victorinox rescue tools made for both Italian police and Gendarmeria San Marino a commemorative or "special edition" thing or are they being issued and used by the Italian police ?

I got a bit confused because I heard that only 1000 were produced for Italian police and 200 for San Marino.

Thanks

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Question regarding Italian RescueTool
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 02:02:50 PM
There are two different Italian Police Rescue Tools; one that was made for the Polizia Di Stato, and is, in fact, issued.   The other was basically a copy of that design, made as a limited edition of 1000 for the Italian Victorinox distributor, and sold widely within Italy. I think this one has the more traditionally serrated blade. I'm seeing three different blade styles on the Italian Rescue Tool--plain edged, mostly serrated (like it normally is), and partially serrated with a few serrations towards the back of the blade.

Offline Holy Mustche

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 02:58:34 PM
Great info, Thanks.

Are the Italian issued ones rare ?

Also, Is there any way that one can obtain the issued ones?  Or should I wait til they surplus them ?

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 04:35:31 PM
I've reviewed Italian version of Rescue Tool model here: https://leaf-vics.com/2018/12/715-rescuetool-italian-police.html

glr_RescueTool_11.JPG
* glr_RescueTool_11.JPG (Filesize: 135.22 KB)

Offline Holy Mustche

Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 05:45:10 PM
Thanks
I have read it earlier. Nice and informative review

Is the one in the pic a police issued one or a one from the 1000 commercial ones ? I see that the serrations are running from the bottom til the middle of the blade.

cn Offline Wunan

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:22:22 AM
There are two different Italian Police Rescue Tools; one that was made for the Polizia Di Stato, and is, in fact, issued.   The other was basically a copy of that design, made as a limited edition of 1000 for the Italian Victorinox distributor, and sold widely within Italy. I think this one has the more traditionally serrated blade. I'm seeing three different blade styles on the Italian Rescue Tool--plain edged, mostly serrated (like it normally is), and partially serrated with a few serrations towards the back of the blade.
Do you have pictures of them? I have only seen two blade styles

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
SAK military police knife lover

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68