Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cordless rotary tools?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Cordless rotary tools?
on: October 26, 2019, 03:29:00 PM
I have a Dremel 200. A lot better than the underpowered 4.5V rechargeable model "pumpkin carver" Dremel I had as a kid that the 200 replaced; which was good only for super-light hobby stuff.  I honestly prefer corded tools due to the fact that batteries usually last as long as they're being produced--meaning when they bite the dust, the manufacturer is no longer producing the tool or batteries.   

Except, dealing with power cords when working away from my workshop in the basement can be a pain--need to grind to reprofile a garden tool--can't be past the garage. Yesterday, it was used to cut off a sheep's horn that was growing into its head--had to run over 100" of a power cord from the garage to the barnyard. And then, to find the smurfing $30 diamond head had been milled wrong, meaning it would not lock onto my EZ Lock head. Had to get the old, heavily used one out.

So, any models, both Dremel and non (honestly, I prefer the latter) I should look into that are cordless?

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Re: Cordless rotary tools?
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 06:45:27 PM
The Bosch and the Dremel cordless are pretty much the same. I don't think the batteries are interchangable though. And because the Bosch has a whole range of other tools for the same batteries I'd go with the Bosch if it came down to those two. (Some of those other Bosch 10.8v are surprisingly capable).
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Cordless rotary tools?
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 05:47:23 AM
Might be worth looking at the Milwaukee 12v one.  Milwaukee are getting a lot of usable power out of their current 12v tools.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%