Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Seiko 5

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Seiko 5
Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 01:47:10 PM
Can't say that there is an issue. There is a bit of resistance...but I would imagine that is there to prevent it from moving under water.

Ah the rubber strap. Mine came as it is with the same bracelet as yours. I do have a Tauchmeister 1000m diver that I was forced to removed the rubber strap from and replaced it with a cheap but blinged out metal bracelet. That rubber was terrible for pulling hair and was a true dust magnet. now when I go out in the sun, it blazes like the sun with all those stones.  :rofl:

It was supposed to be a temporary fix until I could source a more appropriate 24mm bracelet for it, but it has grown on me. I think I may have been a crow in a former life.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:26 AM
Can't say that there is an issue. There is a bit of resistance...but I would imagine that is there to prevent it from moving under water.

Ah the rubber strap. Mine came as it is with the same bracelet as yours. I do have a Tauchmeister 1000m diver that I was forced to removed the rubber strap from and replaced it with a cheap but blinged out metal bracelet. That rubber was terrible for pulling hair and was a true dust magnet. now when I go out in the sun, it blazes like the sun with all those stones.  :rofl:

It was supposed to be a temporary fix until I could source a more appropriate 24mm bracelet for it, but it has grown on me. I think I may have been a crow in a former life.  :D

Mine is really difficult to move at all. There is NO way it will be accidentally moved under water. That is why I suspect the shroud is at fault.

These Seiko bracelets are lovely and super comfortable. If you are looking for a very comfy rubber strap, try Borealis Vulcanized Rubber Strap. I have four of them and they are by far the best I have tried at that price point. One is going on three years, and gets worn at home everyday. It does not show any wear at all. It does not attract dust either or pull hair. I have a fair share of that and I find the strap excellent.

Cheers, Pete

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 03:19:16 PM
Both of those are totally  :drool:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
used
DSCF3181-001.JPG
* DSCF3181-001.JPG (Filesize: 291.87 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 08:18:18 PM
After reading so much praise of the Seiko 5, I ended up buying one, in 2013. New, from an authorized seller store. A couple o'months after the warranty expired, it began to run faster about 2 or 3 hours/day!

:o ???

Took it to the store where I bought it, for an estimate on the repair. I was told it would need a completely new machine and would cost +/-€80 (I payed €120 for the watch). Apparently, some batches of this model have been fitted with a balance mechanism that was prone to break and couldn't be repaired.

:facepalm:

So, now I have a €120 paperweight and a new company in my "don't-buy-anyrhing-from-them" list.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 12:40:25 PM
That is a terrible experience.  I would be very angry about that and I would probably try contacting Seiko directly about it.

Maybe if they know it is a known issue they will consider replacing it for you, especially so close to the warranty period.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #36 on: August 16, 2020, 01:31:56 AM
That is a terrible experience.  I would be very angry about that and I would probably try contacting Seiko directly about it.

Maybe if they know it is a known issue they will consider replacing it for you, especially so close to the warranty period.

Def

Yeah, I thought about that but never did contact them... I was way to upset to keep thinking about it.

Maybe I'll end up writing, just to see if they have anything to say about this issue. I don't think they'll do anything about it, though...

:-\

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD