Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DIY Glow in the dark and Semi-transparent 91mm scales & Youtube tutorial

comis · 66 · 8594

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
From the limited experience with glow powder, the green is always the strongest, while other colors vary. 

I am wondering would it be beneficial to use green GITD powder under the colored trans scales, since the color of those scales are pretty prominent and even the green powder has a tint of green under normal lighting, but they are mostly white under normal room light.  Just curious how the green glow would look under different trans color scales...  :think:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Yeah, more experimentation would be good to confirm, but my powder didn’t work with the red in a quick test. Zero visible response.

Started the fill on the dark blue scales and also did a tweezer tip as well as a FireFly tip. Bored anchor holes in the plastic tips so the epoxy/glow overlay should stick.

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Glows fine in the darker blue scales. Happy with the results so far. Glad I practiced on older scales first. I did a bit better on this set.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
impressive thread!  :like:

Offline uclaure

• New User
Glows fine in the darker blue scales. Happy with the results so far. Glad I practiced on older scales first. I did a bit better on this set.
Hello.  This looks great.  What color gitd powder did you use to achieve those results?

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
 :cheers:
Hello.  This looks great.  What color gitd powder did you use to achieve those results?
:cheers:
It’s called ‘aqua blue’ and is the same powder I used in the tweezer head in post #61 above from glowmania.

I’d try the finer sized powders next, but I’m not running out anytime soon. Coarse grain works fine for inside the scales.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%