Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You wait for ages then two come along at once...

gb Offline fullbreakfast

You wait for ages then two come along at once...
on: September 26, 2019, 03:20:14 PM
Minathors, that is:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254370551123?ul_noapp=true

Not sure what the logic is of selling them as a lot of two, but what do I know?

I'd dearly love to have a Minathor one day, but realistically it is not going to happen. Even if these were offered separately they would be way above what I could justify spending on a SAK.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: You wait for ages then two come along at once...
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:26:09 PM
Those have always interested me as when I was way way younger I thought of doing that as a hobby. Tools of any trade is fascinating.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:50:54 PM
You're looking at it the wrong way, fullbreakfast. That's a good problem to have.  ;)

I hate it when I just acquire something on the 'list'...and then a couple of cheaper and/or better copies show up.  :facepalm:

I want a (mint/NIB) Minathor too...

But I don't see it as an urgent sort of buy.  There are lots out there.  And I've never regretted passing one up.  Can't say that about everything I've come across...even in that price range.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

gb Offline fullbreakfast

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 03:01:43 PM
Those have always interested me as when I was way way younger I thought of doing that as a hobby. Tools of any trade is fascinating.
:iagree:

I have an interest in mechanical watches as well as SAKs, so the Minathor has always intrigued me (though I'm not competent to do repairs).

gb Offline fullbreakfast

Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 03:04:33 PM
You're looking at it the wrong way, fullbreakfast. That's a good problem to have.  ;)

I hate it when I just acquire something on the 'list'...and then a couple of cheaper and/or better copies show up.  :facepalm:

I want a (mint/NIB) Minathor too...

But I don't see it as an urgent sort of buy.  There are lots out there.  And I've never regretted passing one up.  Can't say that about everything I've come across...even in that price range.
You are right of course. As I know from collecting records, the art is to have your watch list, know what you are willing pay, and just wait until the right deal comes along (but don't sweat it if it doesn't come along).

When all's said and done I'd like to have a Minathor but not having one isn't hurting me any. I got along fine this far without one! 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%