Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Elastic Belt Sheath

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Elastic Belt Sheath
on: September 30, 2019, 08:59:16 PM
A while ago kingofswords asked for buying assistance for a flexible belt sheath he found online (https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,82719.0.html). At the time I found some material that I thought would work well for a DIY version of the sheath.

Last week me and the wife had some time, so we created our take on a elastic belt sheath. I used it all week and I really like it. So far I have used it for the Handyman, SwissChamp and the LM Rebar and had no issues with any. I am sure this is not the first time someone has done something similar, but here is my take on it:

The first photo is not quite focused right, it is a bit hard to take a photo of your back by yourself  :D

I really like that it is completely flat when there is no tool in, so I can just leave it on my belt even if I carry something else and don't need it.

The material is very durable, and is normally intended to be used in elastic waistbands and such. Will see how long it lasts, but I have a good feeling. I got a roll of about 180cm (~6ft) and used about 10cm for one sheath. Got the roll for $12, so roughly 67cents per sheath. Not included sewing of course, which took about 5 minutes.

Let me know what you think  :cheers:

gb Offline kingofswords

Re: Elastic Belt Sheath
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 09:39:31 PM
what? ive not even got mine yet lol

they really good , exactly  like the real ones. much more useful as you can change then easily if elastic goes.

what width did you cut material?

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 09:44:15 PM
Looking good!

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 10:00:28 PM
what? ive not even got mine yet lol

they really good , exactly  like the real ones. much more useful as you can change then easily if elastic goes.

what width did you cut material?

The width of the roll was 6inches (15.25cm). We just trimmed one side to make sure the SAK would not hang out and it would fit between two belt loops. It is about 11cm wide.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 10:57:32 PM
I really like the idea.  I use a ranger band to secure my pepper spray on my belt for ease of access.  I like this a lot and great job.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 01:53:42 AM
Thank you, Aloha  :hatsoff:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30