Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lost my Arc-P

gb Offline fullbreakfast

Lost my Arc-P
on: October 05, 2019, 01:30:45 PM
It served me well for a long time, but it's gone :(

So now I am looking for a similar replacement: simple, durable, not much bigger than a AAA cell, and throwing a decent light. I’ve had a quick look and the Fenix E05 seems like an option. But I wondered if you guys had any thoughts...?

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:26:42 PM by fullbreakfast »

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Lost my Arc-P
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 02:57:46 PM
I think Fenix is a good choice, many love the Olight EOS series.  Personally, I sworn by my DQG AAA flashlight, and I think it is probably still the smallest AAA flashlight exist today.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 03:25:31 PM
It served me well for a long time,  but it's gone :(

So now I am looking for a similar replacement: simple, durable, not much bigger than a AAA cell, and throwing a decent light. I’ve had a quick look and the Fenix E05 seems like an option. But I wondered if you guys had any thoughts...?

Thanks for any help!
I have 2 E05 and they are really nice lights and small for sure too!
I have one Black and one SS and it is a much nicer light but also heavier as well.
I cant stand that there is no Moonlight mode though with these or any other Fenix for some reason and so I do not EDC them ay all,I need Moonlight.

The only AAA light that I have liked enough to carry all the time was an ET D25aaa in 219b but then of course I lost it?

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Lost my Arc-P
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:31:27 PM
I carried the Fenix E05 on my keychain for a while, but have since switched to the Lumitop EDC01.  The two lights are almost identical in size, but I prefer the EDC01. 

To me, the EDC01’s CREE XP-G3 emitter is just nicer than the E05’s XP-E2 in both beam and tint.  The EDC01 has a max brightness of 120lumens as compared to the E05’s 85 which is visually apparent.  The EDC01 low of 5 lumen is lower than the E05s, yielding a longer runtime if you only need low light.

Here are a couple pictures.  They are not that great, but hopefully give you an idea. Fenix E05 on left and Lumitop EDC01 on right.

The only AAA light that I have liked enough to carry all the time was an ET D25aaa in 219b but then of course I lost it?

I do not have a EagleTac D25aaa, but both their D25c and D25a are nice lights.  I have considered getting a D25aaa, but just haven’t tried it yet.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 07:40:02 PM by Sos24 »

gb Offline fullbreakfast

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 09:21:28 AM
Thanks very much comis, ezdog and Sos24 for the helpful suggestions.

For now I've ordered a Fenix just to have something to use as it is very quick and easy to get, but I was thinking before I lost the Arc-P that I could do with two lights of this size. So I'm going to check out your suggestions and get another, too. That DQG does look good!

I fear I may be on a slippery slope now...

us Offline William

Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 10:24:44 PM
Not sure what your  budget is but Peak Eigers are very nice and available is many combos of metals, optics, leds and body styles.
Here is a copper Eiger and the other pics show mule heads. Fully potted and made in the US.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 10:36:56 PM
Check out the Thrunite Ti3 too, mine has served me since 2016. :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!