Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fieldmaster February

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Re: Fieldmaster February
Reply #1560 on: February 25, 2020, 06:59:11 PM
DAY 25
Time to restock my truck.
Fieldmaster Day25.jpg
* Fieldmaster Day25.jpg (Filesize: 131.18 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1561 on: February 25, 2020, 07:07:56 PM

us Offline Sos24

Reply #1562 on: February 25, 2020, 07:12:10 PM
You snuck a knife into a court house! I'm telling!! :rofl:

I won’t tell, especially considering I accidentally took a Kershaw Chive on a plane.  I have no idea why the metal detector didn’t go off, but after discovering I couldn’t completely relax getting out of the airport.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1563 on: February 25, 2020, 07:26:06 PM
You snuck a knife into a court house! I'm telling!! :rofl:
:rofl:  :rofl:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1564 on: February 25, 2020, 09:07:49 PM
I won’t tell, especially considering I accidentally took a Kershaw Chive on a plane.  I have no idea why the metal detector didn’t go off, but after discovering I couldn’t completely relax getting out of the airport.
That would be terrifying! I used to use my travel bag as a range bag. I'm sure you can see where this is going......I inspected that bag with a fine toothed comb, stuck my fingers in every corner of every pocket double triple checked it all (found alot of 22 rounds). At the airport TSA just starts whopping and hollering, giving high fives and cheering. Then I noticed my bag hadn't come out yet and my heart sank. Security pulls me a side into a room and starts questioning then a LEO comes up, while security is trying to read what is obviously a corroded (yet live) round I interrupt the belittling by the other security officer and calmly explain what caliber it is, which rifle its for and how I checked and checked. The LEO chuckled at the security guys and rolls his eyes giving me the "get out of here kid", security officers warn me "you're on the orange list!" (or whichever color). I know what color I thought my pants were though! :facepalm: :rofl:
It was a 7.62x54R, I have absolutely no idea how I could have missed that. :facepalm:
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1565 on: February 25, 2020, 10:14:48 PM
That would be terrifying! I used to use my travel bag as a range bag. I'm sure you can see where this is going......I inspected that bag with a fine toothed comb, stuck my fingers in every corner of every pocket double triple checked it all (found alot of 22 rounds). At the airport TSA just starts whopping and hollering, giving high fives and cheering. Then I noticed my bag hadn't come out yet and my heart sank. Security pulls me a side into a room and starts questioning then a LEO comes up, while security is trying to read what is obviously a corroded (yet live) round I interrupt the belittling by the other security officer and calmly explain what caliber it is, which rifle its for and how I checked and checked. The LEO chuckled at the security guys and rolls his eyes giving me the "get out of here kid", security officers warn me "you're on the orange list!" (or whichever color). I know what color I thought my pants were though! :facepalm: :rofl:
It was a 7.62x54R, I have absolutely no idea how I could have missed that. :facepalm:
A 54R is a big round.  :rofl: :rofl:
So my question is...it for the bolt action or semi-auto??? Please tell me a semi-auto!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1566 on: February 25, 2020, 10:37:58 PM
A 54R is a big round.  :rofl: :rofl:
So my question is...it for the bolt action or semi-auto??? Please tell me a semi-auto!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sorry, Sir Rapid 'tis not.
M1891/30 made in 1939 made at Tula factory. Mostly matching parts. I put a mojo microclick rear sight on it. Best part, inside the receiver area you can see threaded holes which have been plugged outside for the side mount bracket for the scope, it has the stamping on the receiver verifying it as a sniper. And is it ever accurate. Not a bad purchase for $100 USD 12 years ago! Was my mainstay deer rifle until I bought my Weatherby. :salute:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1567 on: February 25, 2020, 10:42:45 PM
M1891/30 made in 1939 made at Tula factory. Mostly matching parts. I put a mojo microclick rear sight on it. Best part, inside the receiver area you can see threaded holes which have been plugged outside for the side mount bracket for the scope, it has the stamping on the receiver verifying it as a sniper. And is it ever accurate. Not a bad purchase for $100 USD 12 years ago! Was my mainstay deer rifle until I bought my Weatherby. :salute:
A sniper grade - sweet!  :2tu:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1568 on: February 25, 2020, 10:45:27 PM
A sniper grade - sweet!  :2tu:
Yeah, I didn't know it until few years ago at the range when a collector took a look at it.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1569 on: February 25, 2020, 10:48:46 PM
Yeah, I didn't know it until few years ago at the range when a collector took a look at it.
:sa: well then, that made your day no doubt!  :woohoo:

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Reply #1570 on: February 25, 2020, 11:23:55 PM
It's fun explaining to a DNR ranger why your deer rifle of choice that day is a DS-Arms SA 58, and showing him there is only three rounds in the mag.    ;)   The look I got as he walked away and kept looking over his shoulder was kind of unnerving though.   Even offered the fella to take a couple shots with it to see how fun it is to shoot, but he wouldn't take me up on it.   That guy thoroughly verified everything single thing about me before leaving.   It's a shame how distrusting they really need to be nowadays for their own safety, and I don't blame them. 
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #1571 on: February 25, 2020, 11:31:41 PM
Day 25

Boring day for the Fieldmaster, but the Pen blade did get to help with a sticker towards a free Coffee

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1572 on: February 25, 2020, 11:36:01 PM
Excellent use! And a free coffee  :like: :cheers:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #1573 on: February 25, 2020, 11:39:44 PM
Day 25

Scissors cut zip ties

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1574 on: February 26, 2020, 12:19:28 AM
Day 25:

No uses today. But very glad to have the Fieldmaster in my pocket. I love the Explorer, with it's magnifying glass, but the Fieldmaster comes close to being a perfect SAK for me.

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1575 on: February 26, 2020, 12:30:20 AM
It's fun explaining to a DNR ranger why your deer rifle of choice that day is a DS-Arms SA 58, and showing him there is only three rounds in the mag.    ;)   The look I got as he walked away and kept looking over his shoulder was kind of unnerving though.   Even offered the fella to take a couple shots with it to see how fun it is to shoot, but he wouldn't take me up on it.   That guy thoroughly verified everything single thing about me before leaving.   It's a shame how distrusting they really need to be nowadays for their own safety, and I don't blame them.
I’ve been in a lot of public land areas. First thing locals or officers sometimes say is look out for meth labs. It is a shame, agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1576 on: February 26, 2020, 12:31:40 AM
Day 25
Woodsaw used to cut a piece for something at work.

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1577 on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:12 AM
Day 25

Boring day for the Fieldmaster, but the Pen blade did get to help with a sticker towards a free Coffee
Nice!

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1578 on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:31 AM
Day 25

Scissors cut zip ties

(Image removed from quote.)
Good use

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #1579 on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:50 AM
Day 25:

No uses today. But very glad to have the Fieldmaster in my pocket. I love the Explorer, with it's magnifying glass, but the Fieldmaster comes close to being a perfect SAK for me.

Nice shot Nix

us Offline Doc

Reply #1580 on: February 26, 2020, 02:12:11 AM
Used the scissors of the Fieldmaster to do some light trimming on a bush I’m trying to save.  I usually EDC the Fieldmaster on office days and use the Ranger Grip 78 around the yard.  However, the nature of the work today dictated the FM coming to the rescue.

That’s gonna leave a mark.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #1581 on: February 26, 2020, 02:22:41 AM
Great job! Don‘t forget to show us once it is done! :like:

DAY 25

Thanks! I'm almost done I just have to carve out the spoon part and sand it down then it's all done :multi:
IMG_20200225_202032.jpg
* IMG_20200225_202032.jpg (Filesize: 247.74 KB)
Send In the spartans

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1582 on: February 26, 2020, 02:56:26 AM

Love reading TSA stories, they often are funny to read.  I had two knife incidents at the airport--

Once I was in Australia sometime after knives were banned onboard.  I remembered it was a cold day so I had my coat on, and I got thru the security gate alright but the wand test had me beeping.  I reached in the coat and pulled out a harmonica from the outer pocket, which put a smile on the security guy.  Later on, in fear the harmonica may slip out during mid flight, as I reaching for the harmonica I felt something hard from the inner pocket.  Turned out I left a Leatherman in there, and the harmonica fooled both me and the security guy!

Second time was just plain stupidity--I went shopping with my backpack and completely forgotten about my newly acquired SAKs in the pack.  That put a big grin on the security guy thinking he might have scored two brand new swisschamps.  Lucky a good friend of mine lived few minutes away from the airport, and he was there in time to rescue my SAKs.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #1583 on: February 26, 2020, 03:16:42 AM
Day 26: water messed up again. This was my pocket dump. Didn't even change to 111mm. Thought I had my ST300 on the pack; but; uh, it was in the EDC drawer for MTs.  Ah well, I had a folding saw and 10" linesman's pliers in there; and the SAK has the drivers I need.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1584 on: February 26, 2020, 03:51:05 AM

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1585 on: February 26, 2020, 03:52:06 AM
Day 25:

Well then you need a Woodsman  :whistle:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1586 on: February 26, 2020, 03:53:21 AM
Day 25
Woodsaw used to cut a piece for something at work.

That is a nice use then!  :cheers: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1587 on: February 26, 2020, 03:55:03 AM
Used the scissors of the Fieldmaster to do some light trimming on a bush I’m trying to save.  I usually EDC the Fieldmaster on office days and use the Ranger Grip 78 around the yard.  However, the nature of the work today dictated the FM coming to the rescue.
Nice  :like:
The scissors are the best!  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1588 on: February 26, 2020, 03:56:07 AM
DAY 25

Thanks! I'm almost done I just have to carve out the spoon part and sand it down then it's all done :multi:
Nice - looking forward to seeing the spoon when it’s done!  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1589 on: February 26, 2020, 03:58:36 AM
Love reading TSA stories, they often are funny to read.  I had two knife incidents at the airport--

Once I was in Australia sometime after knives were banned onboard.  I remembered it was a cold day so I had my coat on, and I got thru the security gate alright but the wand test had me beeping.  I reached in the coat and pulled out a harmonica from the outer pocket, which put a smile on the security guy.  Later on, in fear the harmonica may slip out during mid flight, as I reaching for the harmonica I felt something hard from the inner pocket.  Turned out I left a Leatherman in there, and the harmonica fooled both me and the security guy!

Second time was just plain stupidity--I went shopping with my backpack and completely forgotten about my newly acquired SAKs in the pack.  That put a big grin on the security guy thinking he might have scored two brand new swisschamps.  Lucky a good friend of mine lived few minutes away from the airport, and he was there in time to rescue my SAKs.
A great friend! He was your savior for the day!  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD