Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Olight I1R and I3T

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Olight I1R and I3T
on: October 13, 2019, 08:27:37 AM
Just received these two. Very impressive lights. I and looking forward to getting an I3E soon.

As you can see, the I1R is quite a bit smaller than even the single aaa cell I3T

Charging is simple. Just plug in a standard mini USB after removing the top (lens) section by unscrewing it. Red indicates it is charging...the light turns green when fully charged.

I love how the I1R operates. Twist to turn on the light at low power (5 lumens for an advertised 7 hours) and twist just a bit further for high power (130 lumens for an advertised 20 minutes). That's all there is to it...no twisting back and forth to get to the level you need. This little light weighs practically nothing, takes up hardly any space, and provides light way beyond expectations.

I will likely get another that will stay with my motorcycle. I do a lot of long distance rides, and having a flashlight in case I have to stop to do a repair, or for setting up a campsite after dark (or anything else you need good light for) is crucial. I am also very space conscious when traveling on the bike...not a lot of room for extra stuff. My Harley Davidson Ultra Limited has a dash compartment with USB port that was designed for a cell phone. With this light, I can simply plug it in, let it charge as I ride, and have plenty of light to last the evening.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Olight I1R and I3T
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:56:20 PM
I've been a Fenix fan for some time, but not long ago I bought an I1R and an i3T. 
I was so impressed with the I1R that I have bought them as gifts.  I'd like to see that twist-on-low, twist-more-for-high design expanded to some of the AAA lights.
Not sure that I'd rely on the run time of the I1R for your excursions, but the AAA lights have decent run times.
- Steve

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Re: Olight I1R and I3T
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:37:54 PM
Did a test last night on the I1R for run time. I put it on the high setting and let it run down. I noted at approximately 17 minutes, the light dimmed. I continued to let it run and still had light at 23 minutes. Not too bad so far. I may run it out on the low setting today to see if it gets near the 7 hours advertised.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%