Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rendezvous

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Re: Rendezvous
Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 05:38:04 PM
There's no wrong thread for that lambsfoot.

:cheers: :tu:

Amen, My ex used to shake her head when I was looking through my collection or going online to look at knives. She never understood...few people do. Any pic of a knife is welcome!
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: October 23, 2019, 05:57:05 PM
 :iagree: Completely  :cheers:

us Offline spudley112

Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 11:42:06 PM
Me and a buddy spread out all my gear a few days ago so I could see what I might need for my trip. So far, it looks pretty good. A lot of good compact items ready to travel.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 02:41:13 AM
Will be doing the inside of my van by that time!  :woohoo:

us Offline spudley112

Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 03:00:39 AM
Making a mini RV?

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 03:13:00 AM
Yes...a Dodge ProMaster 2500 high top  :tu:

us Offline spudley112

Reply #36 on: November 12, 2019, 03:32:13 AM
Nice! What modifications are you putting in? With that kind of cubic space, I am sure you can do a lot. Overhead storage space is amazing in those.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: November 12, 2019, 04:12:23 AM
A mini home...electric thru solar panel...which I have...bed, table, fridge etc...roof rack is the next must have item. Work in progress for sure.

00 Offline lambert

• New User
Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 09:51:20 AM
A mini home...electric thru solar panel...which I have...bed, table, fridge etc...roof rack is the next must have item. Work in progress for sure.
Same for me!
I think this kostenlose automaten spielen game is the best around. I just want to get one, but I don't know where. I need more info.

us Offline spudley112

Reply #39 on: November 16, 2019, 04:41:24 AM
Awhile back I was talking to Ethan Becker about straying up to Montana to visit when I go on my Rendezvous trip next year. I started thinking about others here that live in the areas I will be visiting and getting and MTO T-shirt to have members sign. I just thought it would make a great item to remember my trip and a good photo album with others here that I can always treasure. If folks are up for that...I am not one to drop in uninvited.

Back in 2010 I went to the "Carnival of Madness" concert wearing a plain white t shirt. I took a handful of sharpies of different colors and was having people sign it like crazy. In between songs, Brent Smith, the lead singer for Shinedown, saw what I was doing and had me come to the stage where the whole band signed my shirt! I had that shirt hanging on the wall for a long time! Unfortunately, when I was in the process of moving, the box it was in was destroyed by a leak in the storage unit. The shirt was half rotted, stained and unreadable. I should have packed it in a gallon zip loc bag.

My trip will likely take me through the following states:
Arkansas
Missouri
Kansas
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Nevada
Arizona
New Mexico
Texas
Oklahoma

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: November 16, 2019, 04:58:04 PM
Would be great to meet up if your trip brings you near by. Texas is one BIG state. You can literaly drive for 12 hours and sill be in Texas.  I've done it.  Lived here all my life and there are still regions of East and South Texas I've never seen.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline spudley112

Reply #41 on: November 16, 2019, 06:20:46 PM
Would be great to meet up if your trip brings you near by. Texas is one BIG state. You can literaly drive for 12 hours and sill be in Texas.  I've done it.  Lived here all my life and there are still regions of East and South Texas I've never seen.

Yeah, I was originally thinking, "Hey, I go through Midland." But it is Bushland outside Amarillo I was thinking of. Still, you never know where I may end up going.

I love Texas. People there are patriotic and proud. I had considered moving to Amarillo at one point. One of my best memories on my motorcycle was the "Three Sisters" run down by Leaky Texas. That ride in the hill country always makes the top ten list of best rides in the motorcycle magazines.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: November 16, 2019, 10:43:47 PM
Amarillo is about 5 hours North of me.  If you're going to have some time, there are a couple of places yo should really check out.   Have Lunch or Dinner at Georges Tacos Garcia on Ross street, Spend a day touring the Panhandle Plains Historical meuseum in Canoyn.  Don't forget to make time for your favorite ice cream at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy they also make a prety good burger.  Spend another day in Palo Duro Canyon (the Grand Canyon of Texas) topped off by a BBQ dinner and seeing the play Texas in the canyon's open air ampi-theater.  Just book your tickets now, they sell out every year. (Don't worry if they are sold out you can still get tickets at the Gate "will call" Inevitably some tickets don't get picked up and you can get one of those at the last minute.)  Went to College in Canyon just south of Amarillo and lived in Amarillo for several years after getting married.  Two of my three Sons were born there.  Has a tendancy to be one of the coldest spots on Earth in the winter.  I've seen -38F wind chills and 30" snowfall over night there on occasion.  The running joke up there during winter is that there is nothing between Amarillo and the North Poll but a barbed wire fence and someone left the gate open.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline spudley112

Reply #43 on: November 17, 2019, 12:36:22 AM
Spent many a weekend in Amarillo. I love Palo Duro Canyon. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants is in Canyon, Texas...Pepito's.

LOL...my ex wanted to go to the Don Harrington Discovery Center soooo bad, and I finally gave in and went. The day we were there, a large part of it was shut down because they were adding a bunch of new stuff....but we STILL had to pay full price.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: November 17, 2019, 02:04:45 AM
The Discovery center is neat but the Museum in Canyon is AWLSOME.  It's the largest historical museum in the state.  Exhiits range from a Triceritops scull and Saber tooth tigers to an Old West Town complete with dentist office and general store, to Native American Teepees, early wooden Oil dericks, to an entire antique car collection.  One of the largest fire arms collections outside of the Smythonian and rotating art exhibits.  It's an all day experiance.  I made many trips there while enrolled at WTSU (now known as WTAMU) and saw something new everytime.  We took my wifes Middle School students on a "get excited about college" class field trip to WT and Palo Duro a couple of years ago and she was amazed at how excited the kids were about it when we left.  They were all complaining before "Why do we have to go to a museum? That's boaring... etc..." After going the it was their favorite part of the trip.  They talked about it and the canyon for weeks afterward.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline spudley112

Reply #45 on: November 17, 2019, 02:20:35 AM
Hahaha...ok, I'm sold! Yeah, definitely visiting that next time!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
PayPal Fees: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $300.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%